Oil Leak

BeardedJK

So I went outside a couple hours after I'd come home from work a noticed a couple oil spots under the jeep. It looks like it's coming from two spots? One is in front of the transmission (could be rear main?) and the other looks to be above the oil filter. Jeep is an 07 with 115k. Any thoughts?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469575137.444930.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469575157.537322.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469575167.404791.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469575182.287209.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469575200.160891.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Hard to tell from the pics but it looks large enough to be able to find the source quickly. I would get some brake clean and safety glasses, spray it off and look for the highest spot. Looks like maybe valve cover gasket area based on it coming from above the exhaust manifold.

WJCO

Meme King
The more I look, it looks like coolant. Smell it and see. If it is, buy/rent a pressure tester and find the source. Pics are looking like it starts at the intake gasket area.

swampdog

The more I look, it looks like coolant. Smell it and see. If it is, buy/rent a pressure tester and find the source. Pics are looking like it starts at the intake gasket area.

Good catch, it does look fairly transparent on the concrete.

BumblebeeZA

Dont only look straight up, often a leak in this area, may be coming from the front, when you drive it blows back and drips where it is now.
I have a oil leak from my front engine seal, but it drips where yours is dripping, initially thought is was my rear main seal, had it replaced but with further investigation located it to the front.

But yours seems quite clear on the floor so I suspect coolant as mentioned.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Check all around the intake manifold. They are prone to leaking in the rear and front of the valley gasket. If it's the front ( seems more like rear to me) there's a bolt you can get a wrench on and try to tighten up a bit to buy you some time. Did this months ago and hasn't leaked again yet.

Top Bottom