Quarter window leak

Donner85

Anyone else have this issue?? Seems like when I put the windows in the top edge that goes in the door surround wants to pull out. Soft top is pretty stretched since its 3 years old. I can never close up the gap at the top and water runs down the drip edge and pours right in the opening. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469625262.080828.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469625280.831854.jpg

Any help would be appreciated

Dopey84

Which top do you have if its like mine I have the trek top nx ... And I run the foam weather stripping around the nub that comes out of the rear door surround that routes the cable under to the bracket... This makes it tight and no leaks at least for me..

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My Trektop NX does the same thing. It's actually gotten worse since I've had it. Now the window pulls out of the frame while driving.

Donner85

I have the stock top, I think it's basically a trektop nx.

Dopey, do you have any pics of what you did? I'm thinking about adding some weather strip on top of the piece that's already on the window.

I've had bad water leaks on this thing since I got it, mostly from the doors. Finally leak free for a while then this. Ugh! Lol. At first I thought it was the doors again but they're sealed pretty good.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
My Trektop NX does the same thing. It's actually gotten worse since I've had it. Now the window pulls out of the frame while driving.

Mines starting to do the same. And I'm getting 2 very fine hairline splits in two areas about 1/2 long im going to try and patch

Donner85

Yeah I can as soon as I leave work. Even if I got it tight in the channel I still have that opening behind the drip edge.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
Is your door pinching that long flap at the top inside? Or is the flap on the outside of the door when shut?

Mr.Reacher

At least For me the door has the "weather stripping" which seems to keep everything closed and tight, but when the door is open I do notice at the top section it still has an opening at the edge. It's as if it is "tight" still but iv had this thing for years. Haven't taken the time to see if water trickLes through I check next time i wash. Almost close to purchasing a new Bestop so 🤔

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I guess I was referring to the op. It looks like that top flap has been shut in the door for sometime. That allows water to get in. Happened to me so I made sure to always have that flap cover the top part of the door when it's shut. Hard to do when getting in the jeep but once you have it "trained" to not stick down it seems to work.

Dopey84

I'll try and get you a pic of how mine looks after a bit I don't have any pics specifically of that area atm

Dopey84

Sorry it's taken me to get these pictures but here is how my trektop nx sits and I have no leaks I'm not sure if your top is the same however ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469904318.986731.jpg it also just rained so I got the chance to check it ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469904371.657448.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469904387.105876.jpg

Donner85

Could be that foam on your window isn't flattened yet either. I'm thinking that may be part of my problem

Dopey84

4door. The screw is part of my door surround that the tension cable goes under and connects to a bracket.

Top Bottom