Fender Flares

mo0s3

Hey guys! I've been looking for some fender flares that are durable and that won't break the bank either. I came across these and was wondering if anyone on here is running these and what your thoughts are on them. Feel free to post pics as well.
View attachment 214847

Thanks in advance for the info.

If you go with those they will end up like this eventually

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469775574.299533.jpg

If I has to do it all over I would trim the stocks or just do a complete fender delete and run flaps.

InvAdeReKiM

Hey guys! I've been looking for some fender flares that are durable and that won't break the bank either. I came across these and was wondering if anyone on here is running these and what your thoughts are on them. Feel free to post pics as well.

Thanks in advance for the info.

I cut my stock fenders on my '14 as well and I'm happy with them! you get the look you are looking for and can customize it if you want. and if you really f them up then you can buy a set...

also what I did was add some of the black door trim stuff people put on their doors (so they don't scratch the paint when they open the doors too far) cost about $20 for the trim... I like the trim becaus in a perfectionist and it hides the uneven jagged edges of the cut line so my ocd doesn't go off
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469780299.475050.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
Can you trim them like that on the jeep, or do you need to remove them and cut the inner support too?

What's the best cutting tool? I have a carpenter knife, soldering gun with melting blade, cut off wheels, etc.

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Can you trim them like that on the jeep, or do you need to remove them and cut the inner support too?

What's the best cutting tool? I have a carpenter knife, soldering gun with melting blade, cut off wheels, etc.

i did mine while they were still on the jeep and i used a multi-tool and worked great but cutting wheel, sawzall, andything really will do the job nicely

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
i did mine while they were still on the jeep and i used a multi-tool and worked great but cutting wheel, sawzall, andything really will do the job nicely

Agreed. A multitool will do the job nicely. I wish i would of bought a wood blade for mine though. I had a metal blade and was too lazy to go buy a new blade so i just used the metal blade and ended up "melting" through the fender rather then actually cutting it. If you dont have a multi tool, spend the $30 at harbor freight for one, i use that thing for everything! Just my 2 cents

zimm

Caught the Bug
Agreed. A multitool will do the job nicely. I wish i would of bought a wood blade for mine though. I had a metal blade and was too lazy to go buy a new blade so i just used the metal blade and ended up "melting" through the fender rather then actually cutting it. If you dont have a multi tool, spend the $30 at harbor freight for one, i use that thing for everything! Just my 2 cents

I don't have one. My dad has a $$$ Fein that I can borrow for the job though. Sawzall is going to be too big.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I used an angle grinder and cutoff wheel and it worked awesome. But be sure to wear your safety glasses kids. I had a junk of melted plastic fling off and stick to my eyelid. Found out eyelid blisters are no fun! I used a dremel for trimming the front support though as its a little more tedious.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I bought them a couple years ago, and then sold my stock flares on craigslist. I like them, but I'm not sure if I had it all to do over again that it's the route I'd go. I tend to get a bit of vibration/rattle with them from time to time.

You need a set? I've got some in my garage right now.

Yes sir if you can spare 'em, I grabbed a tree pretty good with the front passenger before going 37s, and I put some nasty scratches in the fender. I tried to use a heat gun to clean it up a little and bend things back into place, but now I have random whiting on "the spot". :doh:

Not a big deal, But if you have them and offering, SURE I'll snatch them up!

TennJK

If you go with those they will end up like this eventually

If I has to do it all over I would trim the stocks or just do a complete fender delete and run flaps.

^ this. I wish I could go back and have a do over with my flares. Save a few bucks on it

Kyle7R

Yes sir if you can spare 'em, I grabbed a tree pretty good with the front passenger before going 37s, and I put some nasty scratches in the fender. I tried to use a heat gun to clean it up a little and bend things back into place, but now I have random whiting on "the spot". :doh:

Not a big deal, But if you have them and offering, SURE I'll snatch them up!

I'll shoot you a text later on today

Top Bottom