EVO corners

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I thought they had come out with corners for 2 doors that covered the whole panel up to the door? Or do you like this look better?

View attachment 223500

Yes those are the new style that just fit 2 doors. Mine were for both. I really dig the ones I have...especially when they cost me nothing thanks to a fellow member.

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Nothing.

I had the AEV rear corners on my Jeep for over 5 years, It was good as new underneath them.

EC434D4B-515A-4507-8116-C7904FCF6EEC_zpsbu5y75vh.jpg

Hey Tony,

How do you like those Maximma lights? Did you do anything special for fit? I might go that route or Ddays. I just fried some cube ones I installed like a dumbass! They were way too bright Anyway. The reverse lights that is.

Last edited:

dillard09

Hey Tony,

How do you like those Maximma lights? Did you do anything special for fit? I might go that route or Ddays. I just fried some cube ones I installed like a dumbass! They were way too bright Anyway. The reverse lights that is.

Hey catahoula,
I have the maximma lights. I really like them. The backup lights are pretty bright . I didn't wanna hack the factory harness and/or splice in so I went with the Poison Spyder taillight harness. They are kinda expensive but are pretty much plug and play.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey catahoula,
I have the maximma lights. I really like them. The backup lights are pretty bright . I didn't wanna hack the factory harness and/or splice in so I went with the Poison Spyder taillight harness. They are kinda expensive but are pretty much plug and play.

I will check those out. Thanks dillard!

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Hey Tony,

I like them. Not too expensive and easy to get. Amazon (Amazon Prime) had them to me in a day.

I didn't use resisters, I just adapted the factory harness and plugged them in. The indicator inside fast-flashes like it would with a bulb out, but it doesn't bother me. At $40 each for the lights, Id hate to spend another $60 buying the resistors to stop that.

I really like having LED tail lights, I think the brightness makes other drivers on the road not follow me so closely.

Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I haven't installed the corners yet, but I purchased the ORO back up lights. The folks over at ORO are great people and extremely helpful. They made a bracket for me specifically to hold in their light in the EVO corner. Again, I don't know how well it will fit yet, but I imagine it will work very well

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Ok the wife is not digging some of my reverse light options. I had some cube led's hooked up and they are way bright. I guess I should be pretty stoked. She is liking the ORO's.

http://www.offroadonly.com/catalog.140314/product_info.php?products_id=219

I am also looking at the

Maxxima Hybrid's

and these...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MXJ4XY0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A240XKQA2DV1DP

Ok voting starts now help me decide. Also anybody that has used these please add the install process and if a pain in the ass. Ddays used the last ones and really liked and well as jkruiser's with the Maxxima's.

LasVegasJK

Maxxima. Decently bright, but not obnoxious. I used the Poison Spider harnesses which made the wiring super easy. The lights are bigger than the cut out in the corners, so I had to drill and tap three holes on each side to mount the lights. IMG_1477883741.185065.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Save some cash & roll with the Maxximas.

Straight forward install!

Maxxima. Decently bright, but not obnoxious. I used the Poison Spider harnesses which made the wiring super easy. The lights are bigger than the cut out in the corners, so I had to drill and tap three holes on each side to mount the lights. View attachment 228991

I do like these guys!

TonyT

Caught the Bug
Ok the wife is not digging some of my reverse light options. I had some cube led's hooked up and they are way bright. I guess I should be pretty stoked. She is liking the ORO's.

http://www.offroadonly.com/catalog.140314/product_info.php?products_id=219

I am also looking at the

Maxxima Hybrid's

and these...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MXJ4XY0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A240XKQA2DV1DP

Ok voting starts now help me decide. Also anybody that has used these please add the install process and if a pain in the ass. Ddays used the last ones and really liked and well as jkruiser's with the Maxxima's.

I'd suggest the Maxxima's. The ORO lights are great, but I think the performance of the Maxxima lights is even with them, if not better. And, for $200 they should have a better warranty. According to ORO's page they are only replaced if 1 light goes out within 90 days, or 3 lights within 12 months.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Well, I wired up for the moment an Aux beam led spot for my reverse light. It is very bright and they should see me backing out. I am actually impressed with these I got from Amazon. A set of two of these were about $23! They are very inexpensive. I really liked Ddays set up and might switch that later. I think I need to start a build thread for beer budget someday. I do appreciate all the information and help.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom