Newby mistakes and help needed

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the advice, but I am going to go ahead and ship this entire kit back and pay for the shipping. I have decided to go with the EVO Enforcer 3"
Thanks

Jim,

Your are not understanding his advice. He is telling you that if the mounting brackets for the lower control arms were drilled to a larger diameter to accommodate the cam bolts, then you will need to use washers or weld up the new gaps so the original hardware will fit again.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for the advice, but I am going to go ahead and ship this entire kit back and pay for the shipping. I have decided to go with the EVO Enforcer 3"
Thanks

Jim,

Your are not understanding his advice. He is telling you that if the mounting brackets for the lower control arms were drilled to a larger diameter to accommodate the cam bolts, then you will need to use washers or weld up the new gaps so the original hardware will fit again.

If your lower bolt holes look like this, don't leave it that way. Fix it right as mentioned above.

Hole-Slotted.jpg

Jim G

I get the impression that Jim didn't actually install the lift

You are correct, I have not installed the kit. I got very fortunate and found the WAL forums before doing so. Thank God.. Sorry for any confusion.

Jim G

Jim,

Thank you for the clarification, but I guess I was being really clear. I am shipping the RE Express kit back and thankfully I found this forum the night before having it installed.

jagrubb99

Thank you for the clarification, but I guess I was being really clear. I am shipping the RE Express kit back and thankfully I found this forum the night before having it installed.

If you havent installed anything then you will be good to go with your enforcer:thumbup:

Andy5160

Hooked
Good to heat that everything worked out for you.
After all you came to the right place to get an advise.

jeeeep

Hooked
You are correct, I have not installed the kit. I got very fortunate and found the WAL forums before doing so. Thank God.. Sorry for any confusion.

ahhh, I misread the original post, thought you had them install the lift for you.

You're good to go then, good luck! :thumb:

swampdog

Man, you have made a great upgrade by swapping out the RE lift for the EVO. Congrats on catching this on the front end and not having to buy it twice like so many have.

Mtb275

Might want to consider 17" wheels, because there are more options than the 18". Just a thought.

Also, I spoke to ORE and they suggested I go with a 4". I explained to them that I have a family of 5 and two dogs. I am also adding front and rear bumpers, tire carrier, winch, etc...... Lots of weight adding to my JKUR.

I still haven't decided on my lift, but just wanted you to think of what you will be doing with your Jeep.

swampdog

Might want to consider 17" wheels, because there are more options than the 18". Just a thought.

Also, I spoke to ORE and they suggested I go with a 4". I explained to them that I have a family of 5 and two dogs. I am also adding front and rear bumpers, tire carrier, winch, etc...... Lots of weight adding to my JKUR.

I still haven't decided on my lift, but just wanted you to think of what you will be doing with your Jeep.

He real reason to go 17 over the 18 is that tire prices are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper in a 17" size.

Jim G

He real reason to go 17 over the 18 is that tire prices are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper in a 17" size.

I gotcha and yes I did notice the prices were a little hire, but I already have the new wheels and tires sitting in my garage waiting for me to purchase a lift. Hahaha I tried calling ORE yesterday to order the kit, but the were already closed, so I guess I will have to wait until Monday to order. For some reason their website won't accept my order because it keeps saying to contact ORE to complete my order.:spock: I hope this isn't a sign of things to come in the future.

Jim G

Thanks for the heads up, but I have already bought and received the 18x9 Fuel (Krank) wheels for the 35" Nitto Grapplers.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I gotcha and yes I did notice the prices were a little hire, but I already have the new wheels and tires sitting in my garage waiting for me to purchase a lift. Hahaha I tried calling ORE yesterday to order the kit, but the were already closed, so I guess I will have to wait until Monday to order. For some reason their website won't accept my order because it keeps saying to contact ORE to complete my order.:spock: I hope this isn't a sign of things to come in the future.

It is not. Off Road Evolution is the real deal, very helpful. They want to talk to you first before taking your money to ensure the kit is right for your situation.

Here is what they did for me:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1470490817.754079.jpg

SUPER HAPPY.

Jim G

It is not. Off Road Evolution is the real deal, very helpful. They want to talk to you first before taking your money to ensure the kit is right for your situation.

Here is what they did for me:

View attachment 216289

SUPER HAPPY.

Nice.. I can see why you're happy.. I have heard/read only good things thus far about ORE's service and products, so you are probably 100% correct. In the end, I don't mind waiting for quality results.
Thanks

Top Bottom