Rubicon axles

swampdog

I have 02 TJ which isn't locked. Can I put rubicon axles under it to use them ?

Welcome to WAL. Stop by and give us a wave.

I would think a TJ Rubi axle would swap right into your rig with no issues, but am not very familiar with the TJ platform.

thardy

Banned
I have 02 TJ which isn't locked. Can I put rubicon axles under it to use them ?

Short answer, yes, Rubicon TJ axles will bolt in. All you would have to do is wire the lockers and adjust for gearing change, assuming that's necessary.

Going a little deeper here, what axles do you currently have? 30 front and 35 rear?

Wambulance

Also a quick reminder, if you decide to put in rubicon axles you will also most likely need an oem compressor to run the lockers. It is a pain in the butt to get dailed in and you risk breaking the lockers if you try and run an aftermarket compressor. Not a big deal but something that could be easily overlooked

SilverBack

Also a quick reminder, if you decide to put in rubicon axles you will also most likely need an oem compressor to run the lockers. It is a pain in the butt to get dailed in and you risk breaking the lockers if you try and run an aftermarket compressor. Not a big deal but something that could be easily overlooked

^^^ Huh, Rubin axles have electronic lockers stock not air. What are you meaning?

Wheelinoutwest

I put rubi axles into a TJ years ago. Several things to think about, yes it will bolt in.

1. You need to get the low pressure air compressors for lockers, or use a pressure regulator and a regular compressor. They are very low pressure, less than 10lbs, if you exceed that the little hose will come off in the diff, ask me how I know!

2. You will need different drive lines as the lenght will change a little bit.

Those are the two biggest issues I remember.

Top Bottom