Regearing

NTPastor

So I am new to Jeeps. I recently bought a 1995 Jeep Wrangler. I has the 2.5 liter engine with the 5-speed manual transmission. The previous owner had lifted it with a 4" kit and installed 33" tires. It doesn't have a whole lot of power as I am going down the road and especially up hills. The differential tags say it has 4:10 gearing and I am considering have it re-geared to 4:88 to get it into a higher rpm range. I'm hoping this gets me into a power range I can live with.

TJ4fun

regear video

Hello all, Just a great Vid on choosing the right gearing to make your rig behave as Engineers intended.
Link to Jeep channel removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
Hello all, Just a great Vid on choosing the right gearing to make your rig behave as Engineers intended.
Link to jeep channel removed.

Link removed. Please don't direct traffic to YouTube channels as it's a violation to the forum rules.

IMG_20170105_150816_842.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
According to this guy, I should run a gear ratio of 4.27 when I go to 37" tires. Hmm....seems a bit off.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

I didn't watch the whole video, but nearly all the other videos I've seen regarding it and a lot of the charts aren't accurate, IMO. I would much rather hear from jeepers who have actually run the combinations and if they like it or not.

Top Bottom