My sons and I project 85 CJ

farrier

Since somebody in my wave post mentioned posting some picks here goes, if this is the wrong spot let me know, it's a 85 with a few warts, need to box the frame cause turning the wheel with the 33x12.5's flexes both rails, got to figure out why it trys to swap ends above 45 ish which has led to it's name being taz, new softop with doors should be here by friday i hope and seats next week, 13900896_995665570547334_284696104_n.jpg 13871655_995665567214001_1546734369_n.jpg 13866854_995665540547337_78012895_n.jpg

farrier

ok got side tracked a little, got the new top and seats ordered and they came in yesterday and today also got the longer brake lines in since it got lifted by the old owner and they shor cut the brake lines by taking them loose from the frame, i'll get some picks as we get the new stuff put on and keep this updated kind of lol

Taz81

Yeah sure is going to be fun to mess with this Project with Farrier. Means a lot to me to be doing this. Plus having it be a jeep makes it even better lol

farrier

Mine and Taz's project for today, put the new top on, which turned out to be a bit more work than we though for a hot muggy Sat, this CJ has never had a full soft top before, only a hard top long gone and a bikini top that was trying to be long gone so the closest to anything being drilled was the bikini track which of course didn't share any of the holes with the new tracking

had to remove the old bikini top track and install the new track 033.jpg 034.jpg
about half way done, starting to get way to hot and the thunderstorm was getting closer lol 037.jpg
if anybody wonders why new seats 040.jpg
YAY finished and beat the rain 041.jpg

farrier

Starting the seat install and of course the bars and old seats were totally custom so no way a stock sized seat will fit the mounts, the new seats are going to be mounted further back by 6 inches almost than the ones that were in it so the old fat guy (me) can get in and out and actually sit in it instead of feeling like i'm on a perch waiting to pounce lol.

I'll add more picks as we build the new back brace piece etc.

fancy round headed bolt which of course is rounded out and no way to get a wrench on
014.jpg
the replacement seats actually cover both sides belt mounts so out the go, will have to figure out a new bracket and use bolts instead of fancy chrome
016.jpg
the original mount setup on the passenger side
008.jpg

farrier

oh slight change of topic for a second, which forum am i supposed to use to be the token dipshit who can't read, wants all the free stuff, and since eddie is well eddie, i put a bucket where the seat is supposed to be and drives to eddies for him to fix my jeep, oh btw love the vids too :cheesy:

sorry just ahd to after reading some of the recent posts cough :blush:

WJCO

Meme King
oh slight change of topic for a second, which forum am i supposed to use to be the token dipshit who can't read, wants all the free stuff, and since eddie is well eddie, i put a bucket where the seat is supposed to be and drives to eddies for him to fix my jeep, oh btw love the vids too :cheesy:

sorry just ahd to after reading some of the recent posts cough :blush:

www.washingtonDC.com. Good luck.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know how I missed this earlier but I just came across it and wow, awesome project you and your son have got there :thumb:

farrier

The green bars are where the old racing seats mounted to and the longer black ones are where the factory sized seat needs to mount to miss the roll bar ect and the horseshoe is for the inside lap belt to attach to ( yes redneck, yes horseshoe ) lol
seats1.jpg seats2.jpg seats3.jpg

Top Bottom