Moab in October? Too late in the year?

JeepJeep75

So as this is my first time visiting Moab, it has been amazing. The weather has been a bit chilly for my wife as this is her very first time camping in a tent in the dirt, ever. Ever! She has been handling it like a rockstar. I've been making awesome fires at night for her, bitchin' breakfasts like bacon and eggs, or bacon and pancakes, or cream of wheat and fried toast, and fresh chopped fruit, and yogurt. Dinners have been steaks, burgers, cheese brats, beans, and potatoes, all cooked over campfire coals. I've been pulling out all the camping knowledge I have to make sure my wife gets an idea of what camping is all about. We stopped in at the visitors center and got the trail guide book that has all the local Moab trails. It's totally worth the $35 as it lists all the trails alphabetically, or by area, or by difficulty. It gives waypoints, milage makers, and a pretty good description of what you're gonna be in for. Keep in mind, I'm doing these trails solo with just my wife and my dog. The learning curve here has been STEEP for me as my wife is still learning about off-roading and picking lines. This terrain is nothing like southwest Colorado or Southern California. Did I say steep learning curve? Well it's been a blast!!! We met up with Webe who bailed from the Rubicon trail due to weather. Had a great time visiting with them. Never got to do a trail run with them due to some issues Webe was having and my unwillingness to do the harder trails just yet. We plan on coming here for many, many years to come. On our journey here to Moab we stopped at a gas station and parked next to a badass looking jk two-door on 40's with a huge lift. When we came out to leave we saw the the retired couple that owned the jeep. Probably in their late 60's. He was helping his lady get in with a two-step folding ladder. I looked at my wife and said, "you know that's our future right?". She said "yup!".

So yea, Moab in October is great!! Nights are chilly, mid 30's. Days are 55-70. Can't wait to come back next year!!! [emoji106] ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475902823.731127.jpg

Professor-Fun

I spent a few days in Moab this summer - driving across country from California to Maryland... on the freeway I was happy with the comfort of a Hemi Grand Cherokee with off-road mods... but the moment I was in the dirt I was wishing for a Rubicon with the roof and doors off...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom