PROJKURs build of Falkor

AdrockTT

Yet another HF trip!

Backup camera. Ready to install. Not sure where to mount the lens. It's a flush mount but there is no vertical plane in the center of the bumper due to the hitch in the CC bumper. Does anyone know if the camera will have enough visibility if it's mounted flush in the "tire recess" part of the middle of the bumper?

My other option for mounting is to make a removable insert for the hitch and mount to that. I feel that option would be awfully exposed to damage on the trail. Thoughts?

I made a mount for my backup cam from a plastic hitch receiver plug that is located centrally in my LOD rear bumper. Because it doesn't hang below the bumper, it's protected. I still went ahead and made the entire thing removable with quick disconnect wiring if I want to use a hitch or take it off. It'll get slopped up with mud from the trail if you leave it on I'm sure (though I assume that's with any bumper mounted option). I don't know what your rear hitch looks like up close, but this was a viable option for me!

I'll have to show you guys my front mounted trail camera system here soon too...

PROJKUR

I made a mount for my backup cam from a plastic hitch receiver plug that is located centrally in my LOD rear bumper. Because it doesn't hang below the bumper, it's protected. I still went ahead and made the entire thing removable with quick disconnect wiring if I want to use a hitch or take it off. It'll get slopped up with mud from the trail if you leave it on I'm sure (though I assume that's with any bumper mounted option). I don't know what your rear hitch looks like up close, but this was a viable option for me!

I'll have to show you guys my front mounted trail camera system here soon too...

Awesome thanks for the input! Any pictures of the mount?

I would love to check it out.

PROJKUR

Got the hood latches installed. No more hood flutter!

IMG_1819.JPG

Moved the evap skid over and installed the new stock drive shaft

IMG_1821.JPG IMG_1822.JPG IMG_1823.JPG

Also went to town with the wire brush and rattle can

IMG_1820.JPG

And found this... driver side rear lower control arm frame side mount.

IMG_1824.JPG

My poor ride took a beating this last trip. Dented my PS front bumper, crash bar protecting the sway bar, CA mount in the pic, pancaked tailpipe, dented every skid I have. All in all, nothing some paint can't fix!! So happy with how this beauty is holding up! Love it!

AdrockTT

Awesome thanks for the input! Any pictures of the mount?

I would love to check it out.

Thanks again for the hookup on the drag link! Was nice to put a face with the SN and have a neighbor Jeeper.

I will take you some dedicated pics of it next time I check on my Jeep in the shop (prob later this week). Here's some crappy zoomed in ones to try to show the cam mount.

20161023_123051-1.jpg 20170320_184409-1-1-1.jpg

PROJKUR

Thanks again for the hookup on the drag link! Was nice to put a face with the SN and have a neighbor Jeeper.

I will take you some dedicated pics of it next time I check on my Jeep in the shop (prob later this week). Here's some crappy zoomed in ones to try to show the cam mount.

View attachment 250289 View attachment 250290

No problem on the DL.

That is EXACTLY what I'm thinking about doing. Sweet. Ordering the plug today.

AdrockTT

No problem on the DL.

That is EXACTLY what I'm thinking about doing. Sweet. Ordering the plug today.

Happy to be of help. I used industrial strength velcro to hold the cam within the plug. Ran the wires into the little covered storage container within the trunk with RCA connections there to be able to disconnect it. Works great!!

PROJKUR

**Not jeep related**

Haven't had too much time recently for jeep activities due to my first ever triathlon!

I finished the half ironman! Pretty happy with my time of 6 hrs and 11 minutes for a first timer!! Wifey caught all the action!

IMG_1840.JPG

IMG_1850.JPG

IMG_1857.JPG

IMG_1859.JPG

Ok now back to jeep stuff!

PROJKUR

Happy birthday to me!

One of these is mine!

IMG_1896.JPG

Removal of the old.

IMG_1897.JPG IMG_1898.JPG IMG_1899.JPG

New 5.13s

IMG_1900.JPG IMG_1901.JPG

Finishing up the front end!

IMG_1900.JPG IMG_1901.JPG IMG_1906.JPG

Can't forget about the rear! Re-gear to 5.13 and HD cover.

IMG_1903.JPG IMG_1904.JPG IMG_1907.JPG

Top Bottom