5 tire rotation pattern

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I leave mine to the pros at Discount Tire. So far, no unusual or uneven wear on my Dynapro M/Ts after 30,000 miles.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I don't know how to explain my method! Lol as long as your actually rotating in the spare. I am always dumb founded when people end up with a brand new spare and four worn out tires.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

I don't know how to explain my method! Lol as long as your actually rotating in the spare. I am always dumb founded when people end up with a brand new spare and four worn out tires.

it's because most people don't understand that tires dry rot. they think they will save money on their next set having to only buy 4.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Well that too and I'm sure they don't realize it either. I'm more regarding tire wear. Throwing on a brand new tire with worn down tires is like putting a different tire size on. Which can damage some vehicles transfer cases (AWD), differentials (variable locking), or transmissions (FWD). It's just always a good idea to rotate in your spare if given or having a full size spare.

Rodney

found this online, it's the one I use. View attachment 217110
Rsss Screenshot_2017-08-19-11-13-07.png
Well it's similar to doing a rear wheel drive 4 tire rotation if you think about it. In that rotation that two rear wheel go straigh forward while the two front cross to the opposite side. The theory is that you are taking the drive wheels and moving them so they pivot more and have less stress. Now the turning wheels will wear differently as well that they are on the rear. That is why the RR goes forward and the left rear goes back and across.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

There are some posted here I have never seen, and can only add that moving a tire from front to front, or rear to rear, doesn't make sense in the grand scheme of rotation. Meaning front turns left and right and rear does not, so moving them laterally in that context would lead, imo, to much more uneven wear than the more conventional methods posted. FWIW, mine is sp》rr》rf》lr》lf》sp

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom