Documentaries - Tell Us Your Favorites

I love all the ESPN 30 for 30 docuseries'. My favorites are the Reggie Miller vs. The Knicks, Chasing Tyson, and Survive and Advance (NC State and the Jimmy V march madness story). I could binge watch these things every night of the week.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
watched one last night that I felt was pretty decent called Trapper Jake .. granted it isn't a topic a lot of folks would find appealing but I rather enjoyed it

jesse3638

Hooked
Lisa and I just finished another good short series. It's by Ken Burns called The Dust Bowl on Amazon. It chronicles the 1930's largest man made ecological disaster in US history told by 12 remaining families who lived through the ordeal. We really found it to be eye opening and absolutely were amazed by it. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
Meru...great film about a climb up a 4000 ft wall route known as the "shark fin" on Meru Peak in the Indian Himalayas...after a failed 1st attempt which resulted in an accident for one of the climbers...Sundance Audience Award winner...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jackal01

Right? But I totally agree with their message. So much crap I'd like to eliminate from my life.
Fantastic documentary. My wife and I may not be that "extreme" but I'd like to get rid of some crap. We have had our house for sale for a month so all our personal and "extra" stuff has been in storage...stuff we haven't used in that time and before that. It has been nice having a clutter free home as well. Gonna see how it goes when we get the new house...which will be several hundred feet smaller.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

Good tips here on documentaries to check into. I'm all into military documentaries but lately my son (he's obsessed with wolves) and I have watched a lot of Wolf movies and docs and a great one is "Wolves at our Door"
Fantastic, if you have any interest in them.

boardsurfer

Making a Murderer

That show made me so damn mad.

My pics:
Senna - Doc about the legendary racing driver.

It Might Get Loud - Jimmy Paige, Jack White, and The Edge talk about music and guitars. The parts with Jimmy Paige are awesome, the other two are a little pretentious, although there's a part where Edge plays one of his iconic U2 riffs without the effects pedal and it's a bit funny how little he is actually doing.

Brute

Hooked

My pics:

It Might Get Loud - Jimmy Paige, Jack White, and The Edge talk about music and guitars. The parts with Jimmy Paige are awesome, the other two are a little pretentious, although there's a part where Edge plays one of his iconic U2 riffs without the effects pedal and it's a bit funny how little he is actually doing.

I'm going to have to check out "it might get loud"...I saw Led Zeppelin in '75 and was a big Jimmy Page fan...I'm surprised that I don't own a Gibson Les Paul...

Brute

Hooked

My pics:

You should check out Sound City...it's about the legendary recording studio where all the great rock albums of the 80's & 90's were recorded

boardsurfer

I'm going to have to check out "it might get loud"...I saw Led Zeppelin in '75 and was a big Jimmy Page fan...I'm surprised that I don't own a Gibson Les Paul...

I dont know anything about him personally, but he seems like a really likable guy. And his vinyl collection is outrageous. I will definitely look up Sound City.:rock:

fiend

Caught the Bug

My pics:

I really wanted to like It Might Get Loud, but frankly I was pretty disappointed. There really wasn't much originality, collaboration, or insights from the three subjects. Page and the Edge are innovative guitarists for sure, but I don't think the film did much more than film their equipment and include a smattering of riffs. Plus those guys are introverts by nature, which didn't make for interesting watching.

Top Bottom