OEM or Aftermarket Tierod Takeoff.

jesse3638

Hooked
After the Rubicon run I noticed my steering wheel off center. Upon a quick inspection it's confirmed my tierod is bent. Looking for someone who has an OEM or aftermarket takeoff tierod that they are looking to get rid of cheap. Let me know. Thank in advance for the help.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
You can get an OEM tie rod if you want but if I were you I'd but the bullet and invest in a stronger aftermarket tie Rod.

I have my frowning OEM tie Rod sitting in the garage as a spare in case I blow out my aftermarket at the mall or while my Jeep is sitting in the garage..

jesse3638

Hooked
You can get an OEM tie rod if you want but if I were you I'd but the bullet and invest in a stronger aftermarket tie Rod.

I have my frowning OEM tie Rod sitting in the garage as a spare in case I blow out my aftermarket at the mall or while my Jeep is sitting in the garage..

Yeah I plan on going currie but I just bought new axle shafts, a new 1350 rear drive shaft (aspen kid's), and had my front drive shaft rebuilt along with the 1310 rear I blew up. Just trying to save a bit of coin for the time being..haha.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Yeah I plan on going currie but I just bought new axle shafts, a new 1350 rear drive shaft (aspen kid's), and had my front drive shaft rebuilt along with the 1310 rear I blew up. Just trying to save a bit of coin for the time being..haha.

Come on Jesse, you're a multi-thousandaire!

JAGS

Hooked
I frowned my OEM tie rod on one of the post rubicon runs. Eddie called it "clearanced." LOL. We reset the toe and I was on my way.

jesse3638

Hooked
Come on Jesse, you're a multi-thousandaire!

Yessir I guess you can say I am. But I also have an upcoming wedding to pay for. I'm not sure Lisa would be OK with a wedding tie rod over pictures..;)..haha

I frowned my OEM tie rod on one of the post rubicon runs. Eddie called it "clearanced." LOL. We reset the toe and I was on my way.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it was Cadillac Hill that "clearanced" mine..haha. Yeah I was going to reset the toe or maybe give a controlled pull with a winch to see if I can turn that frown upside down and run it until I can get a new one. The winch option may cause me to need a new one sooner than later..haha.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Just bend it back straight with a press. I've done that plenty of times.

WJCO

Meme King
I've had mine in a press a couple times however I believe it bends easier now. Have you noticed that?

There's some truth to that. Any time solid steel is bent and then re-bent, it is technically weaker and will bend again easier. But what he was saying is to figure out a way to repair it rather than replace it.

jesse3638

Hooked
I can look into shipping . $75 for the tie rod plus shipping

Thanks but I was able to take mine down to my fire shop and use their press to straighten it out this morning. Almost good as new and didn't cost me a dime. Thanks for the idea Adam.

Top Bottom