LED headlights

jeeeep

Hooked
I have the quadratec fog lights and like them, the color output matches the Vision-X and probably any other LED and the coverage is good.

the overall case quality and adjusting screws aren't as good as OEM but they work well have been on several trips and still work so I'm happy.

I tried (wasted $$) on OEM replacement LEDs lamps but never found any LED replacement lamps that would fit properly in the OEM lights.

Tree Frog

Running the same combo of KCs.
Only one issue with 1 headlight, minor fogging.
Was dealt with right away by warranty.
I did a better job of splash guards and sealing.
No further problems.

Hammmerhead

I'm running the new J series JW's in a 2015 without issues or flicker. They're plenty bright. There will likely be labor day sales coming up, so some might save a few buck to hold out a few more weeks.

GoldenJK

I ran the Truck-Lites for awhile, the X pattern didn't work well for me, bought a set of Vision-X really like the output and pattern, was on Amazon after I read about the new JW J-version and found them on Amazon for less than $500 so I bought a pair.

I think the JW's will go into the 2015

Same here. Returned the truck lights because of the annoying "x" artifact. I found it to be very distracting. I'll get JW Speaker LEDs the day they come out with a heated version which I hope they do.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471365764.805177.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471365785.377646.jpg

Journeyman

Running the same combo of KCs.
Only one issue with 1 headlight, minor fogging.
Was dealt with right away by warranty.
I did a better job of splash guards and sealing.
No further problems.

That's great they stood behind their product like that. No issues with any of mine yet. About a year of use with mine.

Andy5160

Hooked
I was looking into ne KC lights and my major concern was on how the perform during the winter since they are not heated.Below is the response i got from KC

Hello Anderson,

Thanks for contacting us today. As far as our Gravity LED Pro 7" headlights go since they are LEDs they will generate as much heat as Halogen or HID when in operation, most of the heat will be generated behind the lens with the light being aimed back at the reflector(GRD reflector). Quite honestly, we have not been able to test these in intense winter climates since they are brand new, however given our other LED headlights in the past, we have seen successful operation without significant ice build up by turning on the lights for a couple of minutes before heading on the road. At this time they are not many LED headlights with integrated heating systems to defeat ice buildup except TruckLite, but then you sacrifice light quality and output. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Saad | KC HiLiTES

So i am still to make a choice

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I've only had my non heated trucklights ice up twice and it was extremely slushy on a long trip in michigan. I put rain x on mine and it seemed to help. I wouldn't hesitate to run any non heated ones here in Michigan.

JWs used to have integrated heaters and they removed them so only one left is trucklite if you absolutely think you need heated.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I have JW and love them. Plug and play and awesome light output. Could not be happier. I hear great things about trucklites as well.

Eagle1911

have the heated Trucklites. No problems and the "X" doesn't bother me. Have seen some JWs around the area as well as Trucklites. Haven't seen the Quadratec lights yet, but I am sure they are out there. Hard to see the writing at speed.

Jk_nate

I have the jw's. I think they are the best looking by far. Trucklite needs to do something to make theirs look cooler.

Journeyman

I have the jw's. I think they are the best looking by far. Trucklite needs to do something to make theirs look cooler.

Ha. This is just your opinion! Some people (including myself) that can't stand how they look. They look like they belong on an import. Something with a blue anodized tow hook on the back along with a coffee can for an exhaust tip. But that's just my opinion. Cool thing is we can all spend our dough whichever way we choose.

Jk_nate

Ha. This is just your opinion! Some people (including myself) that can't stand how they look. They look like they belong on an import. Something with a blue anodized tow hook on the back along with a coffee can for an exhaust tip. But that's just my opinion. Cool thing is we can all spend our dough whichever way we choose.

No doubt it is only my opinion! They do look good on cars. Here is my friends Shelby cobra lol. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471666531.486556.jpg

R3D4UM

I was looking into ne KC lights and my major concern was on how the perform during the winter since they are not heated.Below is the response i got from KC

Hello Anderson,

Thanks for contacting us today. As far as our Gravity LED Pro 7" headlights go since they are LEDs they will generate as much heat as Halogen or HID when in operation, most of the heat will be generated behind the lens with the light being aimed back at the reflector(GRD reflector). Quite honestly, we have not been able to test these in intense winter climates since they are brand new, however given our other LED headlights in the past, we have seen successful operation without significant ice build up by turning on the lights for a couple of minutes before heading on the road. At this time they are not many LED headlights with integrated heating systems to defeat ice buildup except TruckLite, but then you sacrifice light quality and output. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Saad | KC HiLiTES

So i am still to make a choice

How is it that a company that makes a product can't create a testing environment that simulates winter conditions? This seems like an excuse to cover up average to poor performance in a winter environment. I'm willing to bet KC QC has tested there product at low temps so why the excuse it's not winter yet so we don't know?

Andy5160

Hooked
How is it that a company that makes a product can't create a testing environment that simulates winter conditions? This seems like an excuse to cover up average to poor performance in a winter environment. I'm willing to bet KC QC has tested there product at low temps so why the excuse it's not winter yet so we don't know?

Good point this is why i did note make mi move on the lights

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
JW speakers are 475. If you add them to your cart in either link, the cost goes down to $475. They have dropped their price in the past 6 months. My guess was bc not enough people were willing to pay the premium over the TL's.

I just saw your post. I found that out doing a Google search.

Oh well that's stupid IMO. Who shops for a product by putting a $700 item in there cart to see what the actual price is? Seems like a bad selling technique to me. I know I usually set myself with a price I'm willing to spend on a product then shop around that price point.

Me, I guess, lol! I can't stand the stock headlights on this new Jeep, after having Trucklites. I checked RiverCity, after seeing Northridge had them for $475, and purchased them from RC, so as not to send money to Northridge.

My last Jeep had Trucklites, & I still say you can't go wrong with them. For $475, I decided I'd try JW Speakers. I wouldn't pay $700. That's too big a difference, just because of a pattern in the Trucklites that you can ignore.

I just saw your post. I found that out doing a Google search.

Me, I guess, lol! I can't stand the stock headlights on this new Jeep, after having Trucklites. I checked RiverCity, after seeing Northridge had them for $475, and purchased them from RC, so as not to send money to Northridge.

My last Jeep had Trucklites, & I still say you can't go wrong with them. For $475, I decided I'd try JW Speakers. I wouldn't pay $700. That's too big a difference, just because of a pattern in the Trucklites that you can ignore.

Lots of people shop this way. It has to do with Manufactures and their required prices. Its pretty common to see online with higher end knives and firearm accessories and parts.

Top Bottom