Jeep JL Wrangler Order & Production Information

1TonCJ7

I completely understand @ADee1 I'm not a fan of anything newer personally.. I own a 96/98 Jeep Grand Cherokee an then my 83 CJ7.. I'll build my jeeps the way I want for an overall price of a new jeep.. Lol

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Exciting info, thanks for the post OP!

I'm assuming that since the press release for the JT is Sep 1st 2017 that the JL press release with be next month?

CarolinaJK

Thanks for sharing! I'm liking that they finally decided on adding a diesel to the US line. I really like my JK, but hopefully these JL/JT's will be much better!

R3D4UM

I'm with you, and with all the problems that I've been reading about with the VM diesel in the Rams I'd want to wait a year or two on that option. My father and uncle taught me never to buy year one of any major model change, a lot of people post similar comments on these boards too.

I just bought my first Jeep and already want another, but I'm with you in thinking the first new version of anything is rarely done correctly. Most electronics get an immediate update right after launch to fix one thing or another and I would hate for my engine to be similar and have issues from the start.

HoosierWolf

I thought that 8 speed transmission in the Grand Cherokee was having all kinds of issues? Or did the media kind of blow that out of proportions?

robthebuilderer

We absolutely love our EcoDiesel and 8 speed trans, ZERO issues with 27k miles and counting. This may just be the first Wrangler we buy, thanks Jeep! :like:

Kalums

Why do I have to be poor?!? The p/u w/diesel would be my pick, but I'm sure that will be in the 40Gs range at least.

woof359

Arbarth

Im surprised there not using there 4 cyl turbo charged Arbath power plant from the 124 rag top, we were warned in the last new model update class Toyota had, fed laws will require MPG and emission ratings they well have to comply to.

Last edited:

shawnebell

Im surprised there not using there 4 cyl turbo charged Arbath power plant from the 124 rag top, we were warned in the last new model update class Toyota had, fed laws will require MPG and emission ratings they well have to comply to.

I would imagine it's because off-roading requires torque, which the little Abarth just doesn't have ... But it makes up for the torque deficiency with some pretty awesome turbo lag. :)

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Interesting.

I already have a "true three piece hardtop". I'm curious at what will be the differences on that.

Power soft top - will it be a $5k option like the existing available after market one?

JAGS

Hooked
I could be wrong, but thought I read/saw somewhere a possibility of a front-mid-rear top. Instead of the current t-top system.

I can see the power soft top doing ok from factory actually. Though 5k is steep for a button.

With all the new engine options, I may wait a little longer to make sure there are no major bugs. But I can't see not getting one sooner rather than later. ENVY needs a brother or sister.

Just my opinion, I think the JL is going to kill it in sales. It's going to have so many features and interior comforts that will appeal to the masses. May not carry every feature off-roaders want, but you need volume sales for good aftermarket support.

Top Bottom