Moab Waterfall & Similar - Lockers?

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Howdy,

Watching Fork Yeah 3, looking at some of the climbs like waterfall, I'm not sure whether some of the tire chirping is just because of tire slippage or lockers being used. Not having rocks like that out est, curious whether folks are using lockers much to climb the rocks, or avoiding them for fear of drivetrain issues.

?

JT...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Howdy,

Watching Fork Yeah 3, looking at some of the climbs like waterfall, I'm not sure whether some of the tire chirping is just because of tire slippage or lockers being used. Not having rocks like that out est, curious whether folks are using lockers much to climb the rocks, or avoiding them for fear of drivetrain issues.

?

JT...

Being from the east like you it's a weird experience. The chirping/ barking you hear is made from the tires slipping ever so slightly on the slick rock. Slip rock is very similar to sand paper.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Thanks cozdude. I understood why the chirping, rubber slipping on rock, what I'm curious about is this: We don't want to drive locked-up on dry pavement because of powertrain damage. Curious how much time is spent locked-up on the rocks and whether its any issue. Hard to tell if there's a lot of locker use contributing to some of the chirping, that's all. ??

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks cozdude. I understood why the chirping, rubber slipping on rock, what I'm curious about is this: We don't want to drive locked-up on dry pavement because of powertrain damage. Curious how much time is spent locked-up on the rocks and whether its any issue. Hard to tell if there's a lot of locker use contributing to some of the chirping, that's all. ??

Na all of the chirping is just from the slick rock. When I went my tires were chirping when I was locked and unlocked

Top Bottom