XJ Steering

tANNERRRR

What steering setup is everyone running for their XJ's? I have read some good and some bad about JCR 1 ton UTK steering. Personally I've had bad luck with JCR but I wonder what everyone else here thinks.

Before someone mentions the Currie one....yes I know. But it is about $550 and doesn't look that beefy to me. Any other company selling a 1-ton UTK go for $300 or so.
Also, I'm running a Prorock 44 in the front so I need something that will clear the differential cover.

XJQuinn99

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472355971.281776.jpg

I'm running The UTK kit from JCR, I had some issues at first with my drivers side tie rod end not wanting to stay tight causing death wobble. Come to find out it was wallowing out my knuckle. I opted for some pre-tapered knuckle inserts from ruffstuff and it fixed my issue. Haven't had a single problem since I put them in. The steering is beefy, my clearance is good, and the steering feels nice driving to and from work everyday as well as the trails on the weekends.

If I could do it all over again, I would probably go with OTK from JCR and use the inserts or just go with a setup from ruffstuff right off the bat. I will probably build a setup closer to what I want if I ever get around to doing a WJ knuckle swap on my D30.

Top Bottom