Adjustable Track Bars

J

JKDream

So this weekend I was wheeling a local trail called "Fuct" which was quite fitting as I managed to break a track bar and two control arms.
I was running a BDS Adjustable TrackBar and it had separated at the threads (adjustable portion) and come completely apart.
With that said, I'm in the market for a new track bar lol.
What does everyone typically run? The JKS unit looks half decent, as does the Synergy. Any preference or are they all pretty much the same?

J

JKDream

I just put on a synergy track bar. Haven't taken it off road yet so can't speak to that. Heard only good things though.

I'm curious if the Johnny Joint-esque setup on the axle side has any benefits over the standard rubber bushing?

I'm curious if the Johnny Joint-esque setup on the axle side has any benefits over the standard rubber bushing?

I originally got it because it clears the diff cover of my prorock 44. My RK one would rub with enough up and down travel. Yep, it has the chromoly heat treated rod at the axle end. I would think it would hold up very well

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Throw the stock one back on, do a raised trackbar bracket and do a drag link flip at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone cause you get the strength of the oem bar back and you put your steering geometry back closer to stock

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Throw the stock one back on, do a raised trackbar bracket and do a drag link flip at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone cause you get the strength of the oem bar back and you put your steering geometry back closer to stock

This. It's the only thing I would do.

Lance628

Having run after market and going this route after myself, I def agree with this

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I would give you my Rock Krawler front and rear tack bars if you lived near me.

I went back to the stock track bars with EVO high lift mounts, a much better option in my opinion.

AU Bronc N JK

I run the synergy trac bars front and rear with the evo dragline flip. No issues here! I've had them for 20,000 miles or road and wheelin.

Big Bad Wolf

Maybe it's just me but I can't get stock anything to last.

It sounds like you are hard on parts, if this is the case I'd address the frame trackbar mounts with braces. Synergy and Teraflex make them, not sure who else. I have a TF front and rear trackbar and had no issues.

Synergy and JKS I'm sure are both good, check out the Clayton and Currie as well.

TankJK

Does anyone have experience with the teraflex hd forged adjustable track bars? Ive read a number of good reviews on them and after going to bigger tires and a bigger lift ive noticed a) axle shift front and rear and b) decreased handling. Both of these issues were addressed in the reviews i read but i was wondering if anyone here had tried them and could provide some feedback?

WJCO

Meme King

COLOJK

I have the JKS adjustable track bar and it is beefy!! I don't have experience with any of the other ones listed above though.

mrjoe90

TankJK, I am running both front/rear TF forged and they are working out great for me! Wheeled twice since install and all look just as they did out the package

zimm

Caught the Bug
I have the rock krawler front and TF forged rear with no issues so far. The TF adjustment sleeve feels pretty flimsy, I'll see how long it holds up. On the bright side, centering the axle is a breeze compared the RK front one. I'd like to try the evo mount/stock bar, but mine went to the scrap yard with all the stock parts :grayno:

LarryG

Cozdude- for this newly- can you elaborate about flipping drag link? What and why do you do it?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Cozdude- for this newly- can you elaborate about flipping drag link? What and why do you do it?

The drag link flip kit flips the drag link from the bottom of the steering arm on the pass side knuckle to the top of the arm. The kit like what EVO sells gives a bracket that will also raise the mounting point of the track bar on the axle side. It will recenter the axle under the vehicle as well as get the drag link and track bar to be back running parallel to each other. They get off as you lift your jeep. So by doing a drag link flip kit like the EVO one will put them back into the correct geometry.

LarryG

The drag link flip kit flips the drag link from the bottom of the steering arm on the pass side knuckle to the top of the arm. The kit like what EVO sells gives a bracket that will also raise the mounting point of the track bar on the axle side. It will recenter the axle under the vehicle as well as get the drag link and track bar to be back running parallel to each other. They get off as you lift your jeep. So by doing a drag link flip kit like the EVO one will put them back into the correct geometry.

Ok thanks. I think it's basically what the AEV high steer kit does too.

Top Bottom