Winches

Gravedigger11

Was shopping at harbor freight and came across Badland Winches
9000 lb is $299
12000lb is $399

Anyone use either of these? Feedback I was was looking at quadratec and prices were $400-500

Thoughts?
Thx

Buy the warn like everybody suggests, it is worth it. I bought a shittybuilt and it pisses me off just looking at it. The motor lock lever is a PITA to get to lock, almost takes a hammer to get it to lock. I've used it twice since I've had it. Once for somebody else and once for pulling me. Hasn't failed yet but the lever irritates me

hawklee

looks like current rebates are for the "VR" series as opposed to the "M"
VR8000 $499 - $100 rebate
or
VR10000 $599 - $125 rebate
or
M8000 $579

anyone know major difference between the VR and the M?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
looks like current rebates are for the "VR" series as opposed to the "M"
VR8000 $499 - $100 rebate
or
VR10000 $599 - $125 rebate
or
M8000 $579

anyone know major difference between the VR and the M?

M is made in USA, and has a great track record. Eddie personally recommended it to me.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The VR probably isn't junk, but you never know. They don't have a long track record. I may be mistaken, but I think the warranty is better on the M

Big Bad Wolf

Great thread!

I too purchased a "Cheap" winch made by Runva. It lasted a little while and saved my ass until the day it FAILED, out in the field. Have you ever used your Hi-Jack as a winch until you are puking?? Yeah, it SUCKS! I will also note this winch was sucking the life out of my deep cycle battery, long pulls were risky.

I took the winch apart to discover the seals failed and it was full of corrosion. JUNK.. :doh:

Looking Warn's website these are the following models:

VR
M
Zeon
Zeon Platinum
XD

Can we put them in order of which to buy ? I would but I have not owned any of them.

Synthetic vs Steel. I own and have used both.

Synthetic - Safer, lighter, no sharp frays to cut up your hands, will not rust, can be cut in an emergency, can be tied, won't crimp so bad.
Steel - Better rubbing on rocks, less maintenance, cheaper to buy, wont get wet and freeze in winter like Synthetic.

If money is no object I vote for Synthetic with some line protectors. Some guy's swear by Steel but there are many safety precautions to follow.

hawklee

decided on the Warn M8000, wish there was a rebate on this model, oh well, seems like the way to go in my budget and quality however, amazon offers 0%...so ordered it, as well as some d-rings, a neoprene cover, snatch block and an Evo transmission skid...amazon gets me every time

WJCO

Meme King
decided on the Warn M8000, wish there was a rebate on this model, oh well, seems like the way to go in my budget and quality however, amazon offers 0%...so ordered it, as well as some d-rings, a neoprene cover, snatch block and an Evo transmission skid...amazon gets me every time

Good decision.

deadguy

Just picked up an m8000 myself. Couldn't go wrong g for the price

Attachments

• 1472343096765.jpg
    1472343096765.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 160

Jk_nate

Good decision. Every time you use it and it works you will be thankful that you spent the extra money.

RUBEERCON

The neoprene covers fade super fast. Thinking about dying mine or painting it with vinyl spray. I hear ya, Amazon prime is super addicting.

Top Bottom