New from South Carolina

Benji

Saying my formal hello to the site. I am new to the JK world. I'm from a small town in South Carolina where the only legal Off-road park exists ( Gulches ORV Park). I have since moved to the Coast and now reside in Charleston. My wife and I recently purchased a 2016 JKU Sport and we couldn't be happier with it!

IMG_20160702_202027603.jpg

While I am new to the JK world, I'm not new to offroading. I cut my teeth on the trails of the Original Tellico back around 2005. I was hooked. My first Jeep was this beauty of a 1992 YJ. I drove her throughout high-school and college and I still own her to this day, but she doesn't see the trails anymore. She is in my shop in pieces getting a modern v-8 and all the good resto-mod treatment. I will have this particular Jeep in my fleet until I pass.

jeep.jpg

I just sold my last dedicated trail rig. I hated to see her go, but times change and I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it anymore. It was a 1988 Suzuki Samurai. I bought it bone stock and upgraded it as I went. I hated to see it go. I completely rebuilt it a few years ago, swapped in a 3rz Tacoma motor, dual Toyota transfercases, stretched the wheelbase to 100", and added 40" Iroks. It was a point and shoot rig. I truly enjoyed beating that thing around the southeast mountain trails.

sami.jpg

I'm excited to see where my JK will end up one day. It's a DD for now, but I've already got a few mods planned for it to get it out on the trails. Hope to meet some of y'all soon!

Jegar

Wave from south Texas (actually, currently TN - almost to Oak Ridge for the Windrock run)[emoji41]

Top Bottom