FiberFix. Any experience?

Jackal01

One of the best marketing videos ever. Right along with Dollar Shave Club.

I haven't used this stuff but I think I am going to buy some for that chance I come up on a volcano that needs fixing.

Frydaddy

The stuff looks awesome, but there are a few caveats that scare me off.
It cant take more than 60PSI, I guess duct tape can't do that either.
They're individually wrapped to keep out moisture, so no reusing an opened package if you only use a bit.
The shelf life is only about three years. Same reason I didnt buy into Suguru.

8POUND

That video is hilarious! He acts and sounds like the "Chevy Silverado" guy on YouTube.

Edit: forgot to add his name. It's Amiri King. He does a parody about owning a Chevy.

Last edited:

Azzi

That video is hilarious! He acts and sounds like the "Chevy Silverado" guy on YouTube.

Edit: forgot to add his name. It's Amiri King. He does a parody about owning a Chevy.

I set my phone down after hitting play and thought it was Amari for sure...

I haven't used it and I'm not big on stuff like this although in a pinch it would probably work.
Also waiting to here a success story.

jeeeep

Hooked
First watch the epic, hilarious video.
https://youtu.be/haPvuhznuyI

Now, has anyone actually used this stuff? Seems like it'd be super useful on the trail in addition to around the house.

that was funny as hell...

I've actually used it and it works for how I used it, fixed several slats on my nephew's bed -twin boys can wreak havoc on anything! really thought it would be a temporary fix but that stuff is strong.

Once you soak the roll you have to use the whole thing, you can't store it once it's been wet.

GraniteCrystal

that was funny as hell...

I've actually used it and it works for how I used it, fixed several slats on my nephew's bed -twin boys can wreak havoc on anything! really thought it would be a temporary fix but that stuff is strong.

Once you soak the roll you have to use the whole thing, you can't store it once it's been wet.

Can you just cut off a portion, make that part wet, wrap whatever you need, and store the rest?

jeeeep

Hooked
Can you just cut off a portion, make that part wet, wrap whatever you need, and store the rest?

no, once you open it you need to use it all, you can't store it. apparently once the air hits it, it begins to cure.

but you can cut into sections while it's wet, which is what I did since I used the 4" and realized how long it was.

it dries pretty fast but after I read the instructions I realized using warm water made it set faster so I was only able to get 2 slats wrapped.

I bought more, used cold water and was able to get more working time - I also wrapped faster knowing how quick this stuff works.

They were back jumping on the bed within 30 minutes - that was at least a month ago and still holding up well.

My brother-in-law went ahead and wrapped the ones that weren't broken to reinforce the slats, it was cheaper than buying thicker slats :thumb:

Also - this stuff dries like a rock, doesn't look like it's removable at all once it's set.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I repaired my broken shovel handle with it. It actually worked perfectly and the handle is far more strong than it was before.

Top Bottom