Towing harness ?!?

RedRum

Hello all,

Just recently picked up a hybrid camper to tow behind the jeep ... It has onboard brakes and requires a harness conducive for such ... I installed the hitch however didn't order the oem wiring harness as I know it isn't comparable ... Does anyone know where I can buy one or a link to special instructions on how to wire it in ??

Thank you in advance

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I do not remember for sure but it seems like Mopar made one that had the 7 pin RV style plug. You of course still had to add the brake controller in the cab but it seems like I remember seeing it in a thread on here. I'll have to look.

RedRum

Thank you I found the mopar harness only issue was no one had it so ended up just driving a couple hours to the only dealership near me who had them in stock since I'm going to Gettysburg next weekend lol

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Why is it not comparable

Most of the jeeps come with a four prong harness. That will only support tail lights, brake lights, left turn signal and right turn signal.

The trailer brakes require a bigger plug, something like the 7 pin rv plug. The rv plug is what a lot of trailers are going to know instead of the 5 or 6 pin.

RedRum

Thanks everyone, I ended up buying the mopar 7 prong harness and installed it myself in about 2 hours with running the brake mod wire into position

Top Bottom