Holcomb valley campsite

So this campsite is located in big bear, California and my question is has anyone stayed overnight here and know about reserving it? I'm hearing about first come first serve and also hearing something about reservations. I'm trying to stay here for two nights next weekend for a wheeling trip with some jeeps. Can anyone tell me about there stay?

Crystaliner

Doesn't know shit about wheeling
Maybe Slavens can chime in, he's familiar with the area. Drove by there last weekend after running JohnBull. Campsite didn't look to busy.

mo0s3

We always camp near Holcomb valley camp grounds. No reservations just no fires allowed. There are spots near John Bull that are secluded as well that you can post camp at as well. You will need a permit for a gas propane stove fyi.
Have fun bud

mo0s3

When you get up John bull Take a picture of Rocky :) he's a little man waving after the gate keeper lol

mo0s3

@moOs3 where at do you camp?

If your looking at the camp ground on your right heading west you have to continue past it make the first and only right you can, continue down then make the next right because you have get around that big Grove .
And there are open spots all the way towards John bull. You can camp anywhere you like to the left just no fires.
How familiar are you with the area ? I can try and find a waypoint on my GPS.

mo0s3

There are a lot more more camp grounds on the exit of dishpan that are really nice , I think it's Hannah flats or crab flats.

mo0s3

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472175732.623454.jpg
Directly north of Holcomb camp sites heading towards John Bull any open spot can be camped on. But if you want seclusion head towards John Bull and you can camp anywhere ! Next to the rock climbing spots are neat as well ! Hope this helps .

mo0s3

Got a better description for you with the John bull Trail.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472176181.041926.jpg
Lol man they need better trail maps lol

Top Bottom