Benatc1's Big Black to be named later build thread 2.0

benatc1

Hooked
Longer end goes toward the back.

The two posts closer together go towards the back.

To keep the vertical spacing right, I used a 1in square piece of steel tubing running the length of the pinch seam. Butted up the slider to that and clamped in place. Couple of tack welds to keep it in place and then can remove the tubing and prep the other side.

Sweet! Thanks guys, that's a good tip JAGS I'll work something out to keep it level

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
IMG_0172.JPG IMG_0173.JPG IMG_0175.JPG IMG_0177.JPG IMG_0178.JPG IMG_0179.JPG

EVO Sliders welded on! Real happy with how they came out, need to slap some paint on the welded area sometime today and finish up a few other things

Also have a exhaust rattle at idle and low speeds, trying to bend my muffler/tailpipe around to clear the cross members better but it doesn't want to budge much, knew it was pretty close when installed but may have to take apart and work it with the hammer unless anyone else has some good ideas

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Came out great! Sorry if I missed it but did you have a mobile welder come out to your place or did you take your Jeep in somewhere and if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to have done?

Regarding your rattle, exactly where is it making contact?

benatc1

Hooked
Came out great! Sorry if I missed it but did you have a mobile welder come out to your place or did you take your Jeep in somewhere and if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost to have done?

Regarding your rattle, exactly where is it making contact?

I had CavFighters friend (AJ) weld them on, so ran down to Carson city this morning. Paid him 100$ and he does an outstanding job, quotes I had for my 2 door at shops were 150+

I'm hitting on the cross member right at the junction of the intermediate pipe and muffler, and on the cross member where the tail pipe bends over the axle they don't touch when the jeep is off but when the exhaust vibrates it hits it. I looks like I'm might be able to bent the hanger and get the tail pipe in a better spot, and maybe twist the clamp around but I still think the muffler is hitting on the top, maybe try and slide it back half an inch??
IMG_0181.JPG IMG_0182.JPG

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info and yes, he does great work!

Regarding your exhaust, yeah, if there's anyway to shift things back, that would be the best way to address the rattle. If you just used clamps to install everything, I would think you could trim the pipe a bit and reinstall everything.

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks for the info and yes, he does great work!

Regarding your exhaust, yeah, if there's anyway to shift things back, that would be the best way to address the rattle. If you just used clamps to install everything, I would think you could trim the pipe a bit and reinstall everything.

Yea fortunately everything is just clamped I'll loosen It up and shift it back and see where i end up. Thanks!!

TRLJNKY

Looks awesome Ben! Your rig is turning into a beast. Yes I might be a lil jealous lol

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

benatc1

Hooked
Any one have pics of what they trimmed from the pinch seams to properly clear 37s, thinking about getting that done and painted before I even get the tires ordered (soon)

Top Bottom