Benatc1's Big Black to be named later build thread 2.0

dillard09

Oh man, sucks they are out of stock! I got them through discount tire direct, but they are 20" wheels so maybe that's the difference in their stock- I paid 378 a tire plus the certificate and whatever else fee wise, free shipping..I too think it will be a nice stance, jeep will be a toy only here in a couple weeks too, so it'll all be good!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
That's rite! I forgot that those are the 20" slabs. I can't wait to see what they will look like on the 37s. Did you repaint the rings?
I found some online for 1700 delivered for 5 so might have to jump on them. But would prefer to support a vendor on here. I seen the STT pros in action in person for the first time 2 weeks ago and the did very well and look awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
That's rite! I forgot that those are the 20" slabs. I can't wait to see what they will look like on the 37s. Did you repaint the rings?
I found some online for 1700 delivered for 5 so might have to jump on them. But would prefer to support a vendor on here. I seen the STT pros in action in person for the first time 2 weeks ago and the did very well and look awesome.

I decided not to paint, just cleaning them up and polishing them, with the black and silver theme of the jeep I think I'll be good, I wonder how long the back order is on the 17s?

benatc1

Hooked
How are you polishing them? I'm getting used slabs and thought I would clean the rings a little as well

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Basically took a grinder and smoothed out a lot of the big dings, being careful not to take off to much, then have an 80 grit sanding wheel to smooth it out, hen fine wire wheel, cleaned it up with mineral spirits, then polish it with mothers aluminum polish. I still have 3 to go so I'll post up some pics

JKbrick

Basically took a grinder and smoothed out a lot of the big dings, being careful not to take off to much, then have an 80 grit sanding wheel to smooth it out, hen fine wire wheel, cleaned it up with mineral spirits, then polish it with mothers aluminum polish. I still have 3 to go so I'll post up some pics

Sounds good I'll keep an eye out

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

dillard09

I decided not to paint, just cleaning them up and polishing them, with the black and silver theme of the jeep I think I'll be good, I wonder how long the back order is on the 17s?

Should look good! I had my ring powdercoated black about 7 months ago. They are pretty beat up now and will just be hitting them with the rattle can this time.
I have found the 37x13.50 stt pros online but just wish I could get them from someone that supports the forum like DT.
I look forward to seeing the 37s with 20" slabs!

benatc1

Hooked
Should look good! I had my ring powdercoated black about 7 months ago. They are pretty beat up now and will just be hitting them with the rattle can this time.
I have found the 37x13.50 stt pros online but just wish I could get them from someone that supports the forum like DT.
I look forward to seeing the 37s with 20" slabs!

I meant to say back order thru discount tire- I'll be sure to get some pics up!

benatc1

Hooked
Tires showed up this week, got 2 more to mount but expect to install tomorrow morning, been a very long week at work so been having to really test my patience, getting the rings and wheels all cleaned up too IMG_0256.JPG IMG_0257.JPG

dillard09

Looking good Ben! I'll be doing me some dismounting and remounting coming up next week as well. Found me some 37x13.50r17 STT Pros online for $315 a piece with free shipping!
Looking forward to seeing the 20s!

benatc1

Hooked
Looking forward to seeing it!

I'll be sure to get some pics up!

Gonna look sweet. What color are you painting the rings?

Just polishing them up and leaving them metallic

Awesome, can't wait to see!

Thanks!

Gonna look great!

Hell yeah Ben!

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Thanks guys! Can't wait to get them done!

Looking good Ben! I'll be doing me some dismounting and remounting coming up next week as well. Found me some 37x13.50r17 STT Pros online for $315 a piece with free shipping!
Looking forward to seeing the 20s!

That's a great price! Nice find! I'll be sure to get up some pics!

benatc1

Hooked
Cooper STT Pros 37x13.5r 20 on 20" ATX Slabs Had to run 1 3/8 adapters to 5x5.5. Really happy with how they turned out, Thanks again Eddie for the good deal on the wheels! Gotta go flex it out to make sure I'm not rubbing anywhere but looks like it's good so far. Pretty beefy stance if you ask me.

Few before pics
IMG_0267.JPG IMG_0268.JPG IMG_0269.JPG

Few after pics

IMG_0270.JPG IMG_0271.JPG IMG_0272.JPG IMG_0273.JPG IMG_0274.JPG IMG_0276.JPG IMG_0277.JPG

Top Bottom