Benatc1's Big Black to be named later build thread 2.0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys, I will say too that it drives a lot better having some weight returned to the rear end

Funny you would say as much because I totally agree! It always leaves me scratching my head whenever I see guys purposefully removing their spare to give them that SUV look. :crazyeyes:

benatc1

Hooked
Funny you would say as much because I totally agree! It always leaves me scratching my head whenever I see guys purposefully removing their spare to give them that SUV look. :crazyeyes:

I couldn't agree more, I never warmed up to the look of no spare even though I ran it for awhile while getting this, I must have gotten used to the stiffer ride too because when I test drove it last night and then to work this am I was like man this is a nice smooth ride! I guess I forgot what I had

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Thank you, I'm glad I went with body match powder coat for the corners/hinges and bumper match for the carrier itself

Jeep is looking really good. Making me wish I would have gotten the black. I was trying to think down the lines of what black paint looks like 10 yrs from now. That black looks sharp.

benatc1

Hooked
Jeep is looking really good. Making me wish I would have gotten the black. I was trying to think down the lines of what black paint looks like 10 yrs from now. That black looks sharp.

Thank you, fortunately it's only 6 months old and personally love the black but it is hard to keep clean this time of year. Just gotta keep the shine up and hope the pin stripes to look to awful down the road!!

benatc1

Hooked
IMG_0079.JPG IMG_0081.JPG had a few min yesterday afternoon so I relocated my CB antenna To my corner and put a 2' on there for driving around town.

Hopefully this week I can get my sliders painted up, skid plates installed as well as my dynomax exhaust installed but we'll see how it shakes out- lots of parts still sitting on the floor!

benatc1

Hooked
Looks good. Good spot for it.

Yea I thought so too, Eddie runs his there and it's nice and out of the way of the tailgate/rear window

Yea you have to check the swr reading with a meter unless you have one built in the cb....
this is what I used for my reading
View attachment 246704

Yep, I actually have one of those from my old CB, new cobra had a meter built in

benatc1

Hooked
Jeep looks badass Ben!

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

CB antenna looks good [emoji106]

Awesome job Ben! Love how it's turning out!

Thanks guys, little by little I'm getting there. Looking fwd to getting all the stuff my garage installed now that it seems like it's warming up a bit (except for the current storm) but get those done and then the 37/slabs, and I'll be all ready for the rocks to emerge from the snow!

Top Bottom