Wanted: JK Tailgate impact bumpers

tcjku

EDIT - @evil sent me his muddy used bumpers, I'm all good, thank you!

Hi there,

If you have removed your tailgate impact bumpers - the ones that the spare tire rests against with the stock tire carrier, and they are laying around in your garage collecting dust, then I'd really like to take them off your hands. I'm after two of them. They are the ones that look like this:

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I will look when I get home to see if I still have these, I feel I may have thrown them out however.

tcjku

For those of you that are curious, here's what I did with the used bumpers:

When I have my hi-lift mounted to my tire carrier I wanted to use a bumper to stop it bouncing towards the jeep too much. I cut about an inch off the one that @Evil sent, and it creates enough pressure to keep it firmly in place without bending the sheet metal of the tailgate door inwards. When I take the hi-lift jack off then I can put my original bumper back on, which sits nicely against the tire carrier in the same way.

As you can see, the bumper is solid rubber. This surprised me as I thought it would be hollow for some reason.
2016-08-31 18.55.50.jpg

It is hard to tell here (because the hi-lift is grey), but the bumper is just the right length to fit snugly between the tailgate and the hi-lift.
2016-08-31 18.54.48.jpg

Top Bottom