TJ fog lights

awdel87

How can I make my 2004 TJ fog lights work with a separate switch, my factory switch got toasted twice already.

Wambulance

I would be more concerned as to why your switch got toasted. That shouldnt happen twice and as letsgo said you might have a fuse or wiring problem which has the potential to lead to a fire

jeff_in_rc

How can I make my 2004 TJ fog lights work with a separate switch, my factory switch got toasted twice already.

How did it get toasted? Are you sure it's toast or is it just a multi function switch going bad?

Hell I use mine to power a set of 8 LED rock lights, 4 on each side and I have no problems.

tdans

You can wire in a new switch. But if there is something causing the switches to go bad then the same thing will happen to a new one. It's worth taking a little bit to follow the wire harness and make sure there are no cuts or it's not melted anywhere. Or you could run new wires to the lights as well. But I would look at them first.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

T.McD

like above if the wiring is suspect, give it a look and make sure it's not a problem waiting to happen. as for wiring a new switch in is easy. you will need a new switch and 4 pin relay,

if i remember correctly off the top of my head, power the switch from a fused place in the fuse box and then thru the switch to poll 30 of the relay. out poll 87 of the relay to ground.
run a main line from the battery to poll 85 and out on poll 86 to the positive of the light. ground the light to the jeep.

Never run light or aux stuff direct from the switch as it can't handle the amp draw and will cause you other issues.

i would verify what i said to make sure as it's been awhile..... :)

Top Bottom