Spidertrax Wheel Spacers Installation Write-Up

American outlaw

Are there any problems you should look out for or should know. I'd like to get some and keep my factory wheels but I am vary hesitant about these

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are there any problems you should look out for or should know. I'd like to get some and keep my factory wheels but I am vary hesitant about these

So long as you install them correctly and check them periodically, you shouldn't have any problems.

estim8d

You would not want to run 1.5" wheel spacers with wheels that have 3.5" of back spacing.
Hey Eddie,

Was just reading this thread and saw that comment above.

1) My rear - and currently straight - Dynatrac ProRock 60 is 3" wider than my front ProRock 44 Unlimited. Can't I just throw 1.5 inch spacers on the front? I do have wheels with 3.5" back spacing (ATX Slabs) on Toyo 37's.

2) Does having the front and back different widths mess some things up or can I run a trapezoid setup?'

Thanks for your help and wayalife is simply awesome!

:beer:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Hey Eddie,

1) My rear - and currently straight - Dynatrac ProRock 60 is 3" wider than my front ProRock 44 Unlimited. Can't I just throw 1.5 inch spacers on the front? I do have wheels with 3.5" back spacing (ATX Slabs) on Toyo 37's.

2) Does having the front and back different widths mess some things up or can I run a trapezoid setup?'

Bump for an answer on this. Good information if I can ever afford the PR60/44 set up

StrizzyChris

1-yes, this is what I would do and will work just fine.

2- No it won't mess anything up, but it will look awkward in my opinion. In fact some older trucks came off the showroom floor with different axle widths.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Eddie,

Oh man, I really do apologize for not seeing this sooner. To answer them:

1. Did you get a 5x5.5 or 8 lug setup for your ProRock rear axle? Either way, what I would recommend you do is get a set of wheels that will bolt up to it and then get 1.5" wheel "adapters" that will change your front axle bolt pattern from 5x5 to whatever you are running in the rear. This is what I have done in the past and will be doing with Rubicat now.

2. No. If anything, there are plenty of vehicles that have wider front axles and narrower rear like certain service vans and even some of the old CJ's.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Oh man, I really do apologize for not seeing this sooner. To answer them:

1. Did you get a 5x5.5 or 8 lug setup for your ProRock rear axle? Either way, what I would recommend you do is get a set of wheels that will bolt up to it and then get 1.5" wheel "adapters" that will change your front axle bolt pattern from 5x5 to whatever you are running in the rear. This is what I have done in the past and will be doing with Rubicat now.

2. No. If anything, there are plenty of vehicles that have wider front axles and narrower rear like certain service vans and even some of the old CJ's.

Hope the OP sees this answer. Thanks to both for the info.

2014 JKUR

BenoA

Did the install last evening. Got help from my son.
ty7amava.jpg

usyjuru7.jpg

tehu9edu.jpg

vuty8ese.jpg

Very happy with the look. Drives as usual and no more rubbing with my 33".

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Armydog

Did the install last evening. Got help from my son.
ty7amava.jpg

usyjuru7.jpg

tehu9edu.jpg

vuty8ese.jpg

Very happy with the look. Drives as usual and no more rubbing with my 33".

Envoyé de mon iPhone à l'aide de Tapatalk

Congrats, love mine ( not ST ) they look freekin awesome- I like the wide stance. Just remember to check the torque in a couple hundred miles and then every tire rotation....

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
i should be getting my Spidertrax spacers in the mail any day now. so before i install them i want to make sure i wont have any problems.

1- my current wheels have 5.0" of back spacing. will the 1.5" spidertrax i bought be ok, or is this not recommended?

2- do you install the lug-nuts provided with the kit on the spacers and the regular lug-nuts on the wheels or opposite?

3- i don't have a floor jack; would my high lift jack be stable/safe enough to install these?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i should be getting my Spidertrax spacers in the mail any day now. so before i install them i want to make sure i wont have any problems.

1- my current wheels have 5.0" of back spacing. will the 1.5" spidertrax i bought be ok, or is this not recommended?

2- do you install the lug-nuts provided with the kit on the spacers and the regular lug-nuts on the wheels or opposite?

3- i don't have a floor jack; would my high lift jack be stable/safe enough to install these?

1- yes! they will work perfectly so you now have 3.5" of backspacing
2- yes ones provided on the inside then your standard lug outside
3- uhhh it should work but i dont trust hi-lifts to much. if you have jack stands use them after you jack the jeep up with the high lift or invest in a floor jack for home.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
1- yes! they will work perfectly so you now have 3.5" of backspacing
2- yes ones provided on the inside then your standard lug outside
3- uhhh it should work but i dont trust hi-lifts to much. if you have jack stands use them after you jack the jeep up with the high lift or invest in a floor jack for home.

thank you!
wasn't sure if it would make 3.5" of back spacing or 6.5" :thinking:
i don't have jack stands or a floor jack. but i guess this will probably be a good investment now. got to love jeeps :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
thank you!
wasn't sure if it would make 3.5" of back spacing or 6.5" :thinking:
i don't have jack stands or a floor jack. but i guess this will probably be a good investment now. got to love jeeps :thumb:

yea i had a crappy old floor jack before that my stepdad had and some crappy jack stands. the jeep make me buy a new floor jack and 6 ton jack stands from harbor freight. well worth it :yup:

Top Bottom