03 Rubicon lockers

kep01

while at the end of summer event at windrock the limited slip part in my rear diff decided to crap out and it also messed up the locker. so now i am in the process looking for a different approach other than the stock lockers. im thinking of going with yukon zip lockers front and rear but wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions?

swampdog

Any reason you are going Yukon over ARB? Why not just buy the best so you don't end up in this position again?

thardy

Banned
While I like the ARBs, every time we've gone to Windrock, someone has had issues with theirs. Heck, 2 people had issues with ARBs this past weekend.

swampdog

I know one of which you are thinking about was the Yukon competition locker...they were in my Saturday group and we had a pretty good talk about it

jeff_in_rc

while at the end of summer event at windrock the limited slip part in my rear diff decided to crap out and it also messed up the locker. so now i am in the process looking for a different approach other than the stock lockers. im thinking of going with yukon zip lockers front and rear but wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions?

When my rear OEM locker went out I went with a Detroit auto locker as I could not afford to go with an OEM. It works well and I can't complain about the decision I made.
My suggestion is stay away from the ARB air locker, this comes from the point of view of several club members as they have to rebuild them way too often (their wording).

kep01

While I like the ARBs, every time we've gone to Windrock, someone has had issues with theirs. Heck, 2 people had issues with ARBs this past weekend.

that is why i looked at yukons, plus they have a good warranty as well.

kep01

When my rear OEM locker went out I went with a Detroit auto locker as I could not afford to go with an OEM. It works well and I can't complain about the decision I made.
My suggestion is stay away from the ARB air locker, this comes from the point of view of several club members as they have to rebuild them way too often (their wording).

ill look into that thanks for the suggestion

thardy

Banned
I know one of which you are thinking about was the Yukon competition locker...they were in my Saturday group and we had a pretty good talk about it

One was an air line issue and I guess the other was not an ARB. I just heard air locker and assumed. My bad.

Gravedigger11

Any reason you are going Yukon over ARB? Why not just buy the best so you don't end up in this position again?

Yukon zip are supposed to be cheaper. Both are 4 pin designs. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with a zip it arb setup. Yukon does Cary a damage warranty on their products up to 2k an axle which is nice

kep01

Yukon zip are supposed to be cheaper. Both are 4 pin designs. I honestly don't think you could go wrong with a zip it arb setup. Yukon does Cary a damage warranty on their products up to 2k an axle which is nice

that was one reason i was interested in them. im gonna look at yukon and ARB closely.

kep01

ok so i am now in the process fo getting a quote for new gears, lockers and install price. im gonna pay this time, im not so good with gears.

jeff_in_rc

ok so i am now in the process fo getting a quote for new gears, lockers and install price. im gonna pay this time, im not so good with gears.

So which locker did you go with? Just curious. And IIRC you are going to go with both front and rear lockers, right?

If you happen to be a little OCD and you want your locker lights in the dash to work let me know, I did mine.

And if you don't have a friend that wants/needs the stock locker pumps I would be interested.

kep01

So which locker did you go with? Just curious. And IIRC you are going to go with both front and rear lockers, right?

If you happen to be a little OCD and you want your locker lights in the dash to work let me know, I did mine.

And if you don't have a friend that wants/needs the stock locker pumps I would be interested.

im gonna go with the yukon zip lockers front and rear, new gears front and rear as well 4.88. the front locker is still good and the pumps still work, id definitely sell the pumps and locker. i have heard of guys putting the front locker in the rear but i dont know. also i will definitely want my lights to work.

mo0s3

that video was something else, i never imagined that case splitting like that

I believe the Yukon they tested was a prototype design Yukon was looking at and was not the end product. There was a thread about it somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited:

mo0s3

im gonna go with the yukon zip lockers front and rear, new gears front and rear as well 4.88. the front locker is still good and the pumps still work, id definitely sell the pumps and locker. i have heard of guys putting the front locker in the rear but i dont know. also i will definitely want my lights to work.

I have the Yukon Zip locker as well. I looked at both and ended up going with Yukon.
I have friends with Arb as well and they never seem to have a issue. Either way it is your rig and you will do what you think is best for it. Great thing about this community is they will help you choose a better product so you don't have to waste the $$ . Now is Arb better who knows but I guess we will find out haha.

kep01

well i just got my quote for new gears, lockers and a compressor to run it all. 4477.00 :eek: so at this point i am at a loss for words. i knew this was gonna be a big expense but i was hoping it would be in the 2500 to 3000 range. i guess the tj is down for the count for a while, I will be trying to find a different way i suppose. :icon_crazy:

WJCO

Meme King
well i just got my quote for new gears, lockers and a compressor to run it all. 4477.00 :eek: so at this point i am at a loss for words. i knew this was gonna be a big expense but i was hoping it would be in the 2500 to 3000 range. i guess the tj is down for the count for a while, I will be trying to find a different way i suppose. :icon_crazy:

Seems a little steep. What's the parts and labor break down?

Top Bottom