Planning a Visit? Please Let Us Know... BEFORE You Come

This is crazy[emoji15][emoji15]. I would never just drop in. When I'm home, I work out of the house. I know how pissed I get when the dry cleaner delivery service or pest control guys want to sit and chat. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to have people frequently stop in. Where do they get your address? Crazy!!!

JKRicky

It's crazy that you had to start this thread in the first place. Btw I'm outside and what's for dinner?

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Wow. Kudos to you and Cindy. You handle stuff like that better than I would. You guys have put together a great community of about 99% normal people. That other one percent though ....

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As Frank said I just really hope that people actually READ your post Eddie and actually PM you before just showing up.

JeepFan

Hooked
This behavior reminds me of the weekend door to door sales (or other similar groups ;)) that stop by uninvited every other friggin weekend in my neighborhood. So annoying and rude. Especially when you're out in the garage working and they want to chat about solar power or how I can be saved if I just join their cult.

People need to stop and think for second and ask themselves, "Is this a good idea?"

Like others in this thread have said, I hope people read your post and think twice about showing up at your home to visit un-announced.

By the way, I'll be over in 5 minutes. I need an oil change and tire rotation. :bleh:

Modit

main.php

If you're planning on passing through Carson City on your way up to Lake Tahoe, the Rubicon, Fordyce or any of the other great destinations that the Sierra Nevada mountains have to offer, Cindy and I would love to have you come by Camp WAYALIFE and say hello BUT, we'd be grateful if you could please let us know BEFORE you come. In spite of what some may think, we're actually pretty busy people with a lot going on all the time and we'd hate to be rude by asking you to leave because we have somewhere to be. Heck, if we have enough notice, we might even be able to take you up into the hills to do a little wheeling or go out for a drink. I know that some of you may need some help working on your Jeep, fixing broken parts or rotating tires before making the long drive back home and really, IF we have a little notice and IF we have the time, we'd be more than willing to help. It just would be a BIG HELP if you let us know AHEAD of time. To contact me, simply click on the following link and send me a PM: wayoflife

Hey, don't blame us. The Carson City Pink Jeep tour guide said that for an extra $20 each we get an All Access pass to Camp Wayalife.
Are they not giving you your cut?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Do you have plastic or wood toilet seats? Reason I ask cause I always crack the wood ones. I can bring my own.

LOL!! Like I said, Cindy and I would love to say hello to you all and if at all possible, take you out on a local trail. All we ask is that you let us know you're coming. The last couple of times people have dropped by unannounced, we were literally in the middle of a project or on our way out to an important appointment or meeting. We just feel bad having to ask people to leave because we have things to do.

I have never met you but this ^^^ just proves to me that you are both good people. You shouldn't have to apologize to people because your to busy for them.. they did just stop in unannounced..

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Wow... The fact that this even needs to SAID is concerning... Here in Texas we call that "how to get shot, step 1" :crazyeyes: :naw: that's just nuts!

Stick

It's sad that common curtesy is lost on so many people these days. I don't visit anyone nowadays without giving a call or text to see if they are available.

I must say that I am constantly impressed with everything you do to help out and if I ever get the chance to meet I'll buy the drinks. [emoji482]

DRTY4x4

We all know ya'll are busy people, so don't mind me if ya gotta run do stuff. I can keep myself busy cleaning your jeeps, ie droolin on them. :thumb:

(Would never just "stop by" without a call first. A mans home is his castle and all that and ya better knock before ya try comin through that door. *shotgun* 'Murica! :usa: )

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I don't even just "pop over" to my friend's place unless I call or text them first. Hell, I call or text my own mother first before going over and I don't really think I need an invitation to go visit her. I guess I'm just old fashion like that.

MTG

Caught the Bug
What are the rules if I just want to drop my jeep off for repairs or installs? I actually don't have to be there myself. :idontknow:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
What are the rules if I just want to drop my jeep off for repairs or installs? I actually don't have to be there myself. :idontknow:

Also, don't forget the kids, they can be dropped off as well. We will call it the "Oh Helicopter Landing" pad for kids.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
main.php

If you're planning on passing through Carson City on your way up to Lake Tahoe, the Rubicon, Fordyce or any of the other great destinations that the Sierra Nevada mountains have to offer, Cindy and I would love to have you come by Camp WAYALIFE and say hello BUT, we'd be grateful if you could please let us know BEFORE you come. In spite of what some may think, we're actually pretty busy people with a lot going on all the time and we'd hate to be rude by asking you to leave because we have somewhere to be. Heck, if we have enough notice, we might even be able to take you up into the hills to do a little wheeling or go out for a drink. I know that some of you may need some help working on your Jeep, fixing broken parts or rotating tires before making the long drive back home and really, IF we have a little notice and IF we have the time, we'd be more than willing to help. It just would be a BIG HELP if you let us know AHEAD of time. To contact me, simply click on the following link and send me a PM: wayoflife
I can't believe you, or anyone, would ever have to inform people that they should message you well in advance of visiting your home.

And, if I ever do get the chance to visit you, I promise drinks and dinner are on me, whether we go wheeling or not.

But just the fact that the two of you open your home and time at all to people who are strangers outside of an Internet acquaintance... You guys are impressive.

Top Bottom