P0306 STRIKES RUBICAT AGAIN : Jeep JK Wrangler Cylinder 6 Misfire

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully it all works for the best.

I called my dealer today to make an appointment to have both front leather seat covers fixed. October 10th is the earliest they can look at it.

So dumb!!

October 10th?? As in over a month away?? :ahhh-what:

Hopefully they'll cover this, as they should IMO!

Well, I've never had good luck with warranty work but they were the ones to bring up the fact that FCA might cover it so, here's hoping. :fingerscrossed:

Just went through this last week with my 2012 JKU.......They (dealership) just replaced the cam and crank sensors the week prior and had run fine for about 4 days then started running rough again.....back to dealer and diagnosed with left head failure........got my rig back Friday and all is well so far......it was warrantied for the head but not the cam and crank sensors......hope they get things worked out for you and you get Rubicat back on the trails soon

~Woodrow~

Sucks that so many of us are having to go through this again. Glad to hear they got you fixed up. Hopefully they'll fix up Rubicat too and under warranty.

As soon as i seen this the first thought i had was we were about to have a second LS swap happening soon.

:dont_tell: Don't be giving Cindy and ideas!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. I was just wondering how Rubicat was doing while sitting in traffic today.

Thanks. I think we're gonna need it. How are things going with your Jeep? Have you and Ray started thinking of what you're going to do from here?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know to what point in 2013 that TSB covers? Mine was "assembled" in July of 2013, I was just wondering if I was lucky to get near the end of the 13' model year.
Edit: wow I feel rude, I was originally going to wish you guys luck, hopefully they cover it.

Sorry, don't know for sure. Here's the TSB if it helps any.

tsb.jpg

That sucks I hope all works out for you guys.

Thanks, we hope things work out as well but really, we just want Rubicat back up and running again and as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed this gets straightened out in a timely fashion, hopefully under warranty!

Not holding our breath but it sure would be nice if they do.

Hate to see rubicat down. But HOPEFULLY Chrysler will step up to the plate

Here's hoping.

Trail JK

Thanks. I think we're gonna need it. How are things going with your Jeep? Have you and Ray started thinking of what you're going to do from here?

We haven't even unloaded it from this weekend yet. We talked about it on the way home. She's going to a time out in the garage for a bit before we move forward.

BLCK4X4

I bought the life time warranty on the JK. Now obliviously everything modified is a void in the warranty such as suspicion, drive terrain...Ect.
But the engine and trans is still stock with 13,000 miles so far and no problems. Was it worth it paying for this warranty? Even though is mainly warrantying the engine/trans and interior?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Bummer... I hope you get it covered under extended warranty. It's the worst feeling when you get engine trouble on your way out to an adventure.

JAGS

Hooked
I'll be following along. Sure hope whatever the final diagnostics is, it gets covered under some sort of factory extended warranty. Fingers crossed for you and Cindy.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys. Sure hope things work out in our favor but we'd be just as happy if we can get Rubicat up and running again sooner than later.

stormtroopedjk

Thanks guys. Sure hope things work out in our favor but we'd be just as happy if we can get Rubicat up and running again sooner than later.

Good luck to you hope it all works out... Few months back my jeep decided to throw the engine light on and put itself into limp mode in the middle of Death Valley. Was only 88 outside and my temp gauge went to the three quarters mark when it went into limp mode.. Jeep found nothing once I got back from the trip and I'm still having issues with it running hot that the jeep dealer can't figure out..

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Really hope it works out! If not I can see plan B being another trip down to Motech :brows:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I got the code just after 12k miles, had the head replaced and have had no issues for the last 44k miles. Fingers crossed. Could be the early replacement heads had issues to. Ever wonder why Cindy & Eddie own and enjoy so much old iron? If you get a misfire you either fix it on the trail or when you get home. No limp mode and no dealers. My guess is Jeep will make it right. Fingers crossed again.

Kalums

Thx, Eddie after digging around and calling a friend who is a certified Mopar mech. According to him mine should be safe. However if I ever get the misfire code(s) under 150k bring it in.

WJCO

Meme King
Thx, Eddie after digging around and calling a friend who is a certified Mopar mech. According to him mine should be safe. However if I ever get the misfire code(s) under 150k bring it in.

The bulletin he posted shows that vehicles built before 7/25/12 were the problem ones. On your VIN sticker on the door jamb, your build date should be listed. At least the month anyways.

EDIT: Date refers to allowed warranty coverage. So I would ASSUME if your vehicle was built after that and you have that issue, you're shit out of luck for the extended program.

Last edited:

WiscoHR

I have the same issue right now P0306 in my 2016. Code came on starting my vacation a few weeks ago. Took it to dealer in NM they cleared code and we continued on our trip. It flashed a few times since then. Took it in to local dealer yesterday and since no active code currently they set an appointment to keep it for a few days next week to diagnose. Hopefully they can figure it out.

jk12blk

Curious - assuming you are using the Superchips as a programmer and not just for diagnostics, did you clear your programmable settings before you dropped off the jeep? I have a feeling this will happen to me some day and I've read it's a good idea to clear the settings. My understanding is your programmer can get locked out if the dealer makes changes on top of your existing settings.

Top Bottom