I am going to report to the other Jeep forums how I was treated here

Wheelinoutwest

Hello, I am a new member of this forum. I have been a member of many forums over the years, including snowest, thumper talk, wrangler forum, jeep forum and so on. I am fortunate enough to live in Western Colorado, which would be considered a Jeep Mecca by most. I live my life working on my crawler, and taking my Jk in the mountains on the weekends. My backyard trails include everything in the San Juans, Imogene pass, black bear pass, Poughkeepsie gulch, etc. I have been taking pictures for years of the places I go. Recently I picked up a drone, made 1 video of black bear pass and posted it here to share with people, I make no money from this, it's completely out of pocket. I had some really good feedback from some of you, while I was attacked in Pms and on my thread by others, for just sharing a video of one of the list famous trails in Colorado, on a YouTube channel I have not used in years?? I an avid member of the rockcrawling/Jeeping/ ultra 4 community who thought forums where for sharing things, apparently I was wrong?!? I guess my time here was short lived even though I have a ton of experience in off roading. I know most people on here are good, while some others are, should I say spiteful? I guess forums are only a place for the high post count people to (pimp) their videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trail JK

Are you for real? Why don't you try being a contributing member first, and not a pansy and your reception would've been different.

dwvninety

Hello, I am a new member of this forum. I have been a member of many forums over the years, including snowest, thumper talk, wrangler forum, jeep forum and so on. I am fortunate enough to live in Western Colorado, which would be considered a Jeep Mecca by most. I live my life working on my crawler, and taking my Jk in the mountains on the weekends. My backyard trails include everything in the San Juans, Imogene pass, black bear pass, Poughkeepsie gulch, etc. I have been taking pictures for years of the places I go. Recently I picked up a drone, made 1 video of black bear pass and posted it here to share with people, I make no money from this, it's completely out of pocket. I had some really good feedback from some of you, while I was attacked in Pms and on my thread by others, for just sharing a video of one of the list famous trails in Colorado, on a YouTube channel I have not used in years?? I an avid member of the rockcrawling/Jeeping/ ultra 4 community who thought forums where for sharing things, apparently I was wrong?!? I guess my time here was short lived even though I have a ton of experience in off roading. I know most people on here are good, while some others are, should I say spiteful? I guess forums are only a place for the high post count people to (pimp) their videos.

Geez it's the internet.........get some thick skin on please.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
:cheesy: Is this for real? Sorry fucknut, but you don't own this private forum. If you can't understand why some of the experienced members are protective when someone pops in with video on a dedicated YouTube channel, then you really don't belong here.

GraniteCrystal

I think he was trying to contribute when he posted a cool video of Black Bear. I didn't notice it was on a channel until someone pointed that out. Is there a rule that you can't post videos from a YouTube channel (trying to re-read rules but app isn't working so well right now)? Were there some sponsors in the video I missed?

If none of that's the case, I fail to see how he broke any rules. I fail to see what he'd be pimping. Lots of guys throw up videos on here of their wheeling excursions; that's part of what makes this place great. I love seeing the places people go and what they do with their Jeeps. Is there a rule against doing so?

From everything I can tell this is some average dude who made a video of his Jeep and wanted to share it with this community. Sounds a other like the rest of us.

If we don't want people posting videos until they hit a certain post count, we should say so.

Trail JK

I think his post was so long that he became winded.

I can tell you this... if you're legit which we all doubt at this point your new post is not going to work out for you.

If you are here to cause a little drama then you're on the right path.

Trail JK

The little button by your picture shows green when you're on line. So your door slam isn't as effective when you open it again.

Wheelinoutwest

I think he was trying to contribute when he posted a cool video of Black Bear. I didn't notice it was on a channel until someone pointed that out. Is there a rule that you can't post videos from a YouTube channel (trying to re-read rules but app isn't working so well right now)? Were there some sponsors in the video I missed?

If none of that's the case, I fail to see how he broke any rules. I fail to see what he'd be pimping. Lots of guys throw up videos on here of their wheeling excursions; that's part of what makes this place great. I love seeing the places people go and what they do with their Jeeps. Is there a rule against doing so?

From everything I can tell this is some average dude who made a video of his Jeep and wanted to share it with this community. Sounds a other like the rest of us.

If we don't want people posting videos until they hit a certain post count, we should say so.

Thank you!

No agenda here, no sponsors.

GraniteCrystal

It's not about post counts. He joined the fourm so he could post a video, get accolades and followers. Looks like he found one.

I don't follow anyone on YouTube. Not a big YouTuber myself. I can find out when Eddie and Cindy post because they put a thread up here.

And you know he joined to get followers because he has low post count and the video is part of a channel, right? Maybe that means exactly what you say; very well could be, I don't know the guy. Or maybe he's just a dude who joined a forum and wanted to share his weekend Jeeping. Honestly, it could be either and I have no skin in the game for this guy other than I don't like jumping on guys when they haven't broken any rules (again, totally open to someone pointing me to the rule he broke; I very well may be missing it).

Agreed that starting this thread not a great idea. Just more drama man. I'm going to do you a favor and stop replying to this because it's in your best into that this thread die. Take my advice: If you aren't here for the right purposes, to just stir up drama or try to get attention and followers then I echo what others have said: please stop wasting our time and leave. If you really are here for the right purposes, stick around, contribute in other threads, ask for advice on something, read some build threads and comment, etc.

WJCO

Meme King
I see it as this: Just because it's the internet, doesn't mean there can't be a certain level of courtesy. If this same guy went to a door-to-door in his neighborhood and said to random people and said 'Hey check out my new drone' or 'Check out my new video,' the door would get slammed in his face by a lot of people. This is a pretty tight community here and we get to know each other. If this guy had posted a wave with a single picture of his adventures, etc like most wavers do, he probably could have posted a video by now with no issues. I don't really have a problem with him sharing the video, but introduce yourself in a proper way when you join a community. That goes for internet or off-internet.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't follow anyone on YouTube. Not a big YouTuber myself. I can find out when Eddie and Cindy post because they put a thread up here.

And you know he joined to get followers because he has low post count and the video is part of a channel, right? Maybe that means exactly what you say; very well could be, I don't know the guy. Or maybe he's just a dude who joined a forum and wanted to share his weekend Jeeping. Honestly, it could be either and I have no skin in the game for this guy other than I don't like jumping on guys when they haven't broken any rules (again, totally open to someone pointing me to the rule he broke; I very well may be missing it).

Agreed that starting this thread not a great idea. Just more drama man. I'm going to do you a favor and stop replying to this because it's in your best into that this thread die. Take my advice: If you aren't here for the right purposes, to just stir up drama or try to get attention and followers then I echo what others have said: please stop wasting our time and leave. If you really are here for the right purposes, stick around, contribute in other threads, ask for advice on something, read some build threads and comment, etc.

He posted that video the day he joined this forum and all his posts were in that thread. Are you really that stupid where you need someone to explain this to you?

Wheelinoutwest

I see it as this: Just because it's the internet, doesn't mean there can't be a certain level of courtesy. If this same guy went to a door-to-door in his neighborhood and said to random people and said 'Hey check out my new drone' or 'Check out my new video,' the door would get slammed in his face by a lot of people. This is a pretty tight community here and we get to know each other. If this guy had posted a wave with a single picture of his adventures, etc like most wavers do, he probably could have posted a video by now with no issues. I don't really have a problem with him sharing the video, but introduce yourself in a proper way when you join a community. That goes for internet or off-internet.

I see your point, however I received 3 pages of positive comments before Overlander shows up and complains, next my thread is closed because of an unwritten rule? I didn't come here to cause "drama", the off-roading community is not that big, we all attend a lot of the same events.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

I noticed your original post was edited, so I fixed it for you.

No need to thank me, you are welcome. :yup:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I see your point, however I received 3 pages of positive comments before Overlander shows up and complains, next my thread is closed because of an unwritten rule? I didn't come here to cause "drama", the off-roading community is not that big, we all attend a lot of the same events.

"Unwritten" rule:

Can I post links or direct members to other forums, Facebook, YouTube channels or other social media sites?

No. We ask that you NOT post links or direct members to other forums, Facebook pages, chat rooms, YouTube channels or other social media outlets. Soliciting traffic to anyone of these sites is not allowed. Please be advised that your post may be edited or removed if it contains such content.

Top Bottom