New Evo Mfg pro series hinged gate

onebadtwo

I like the looks of it... I was actually thinking about ordering the CC carrier this past weekend. Im really glad I didn't because Im not in love with their setup, and Ill never run larger than a 37.

Evil

So after speaking with Drew at ORE, these are still a week away from shipping. No idea when the 1164B lic plate relocation and gas can bracket is coming out. :mad: I guess I just pre ordered it and will wait for the lic plate bracket before I can install it. Kinda like :thinking::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

JAGS

Hooked
Well I guarantee its not made in China, that's a damn good start!

Ha, yeah, that is a given. And more than a good start. I just wonder long term how the hinges will hold up along with a possible hit to the tire.

Don't get me wrong, I love the design. I thought the TF concept was awesome, till I was at hammers and saw when Tom's cracked. I have since gone with the EVO corner mounted, but would have strongly considered this.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Ha, yeah, that is a given. And more than a good start. I just wonder long term how the hinges will hold up along with a possible hit to the tire.

Don't get me wrong, I love the design. I thought the TF concept was awesome, till I was at hammers and saw when Tom's cracked. I have since gone with the EVO corner mounted, but would have strongly considered this.

Evo uses 3/16 steel, the terabreak is made out of some kinda pop tin shit with bad welds. No comparison.

Even not hearing feedback yet, I would run this any day of the week. Anything the EVO engineer builds is very well thought out and tested.

JAGS

Hooked
Evo uses 3/16 steel, the terabreak is made out of some kinda pop tin shit with bad welds. No comparison.

Even not hearing feedback yet, I would run this any day of the week. Anything the EVO engineer builds is very well thought out and tested.

I know the compound/material/manufacturing is far better. But I was under the impression at least part of the problem was the weight on the hinges. And if you should happen to hit or catch the spare with this style carrier.

COLOJK

Of course they just released this...I bought the Crawler Concepts one and installed it last Thursday. Timing was never on my side.

You won't be dissapointed in the CC carrier! I love mine but I also kind of wish I would've held out for the evo.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Oh for sure. As I noted, still thought some concern with the hinges. That point is only touched on the product description.

I hear you, brother. My stock carrier made a bumping noise I didn't like, with a 33 on it. I want to go EVO body mounted, myself, if I can make myself drill into the corners.

Remlap

Oh for sure. As I noted, still thought some concern with the hinges. That point is only touched on the product description.

Do you mean how the tires weight is still loading on the two existing hinge attatchment points on the body?

Just installed Maximus 3 and it is the same way, new steel hinges attach to the body and the factory ones get moved on top of them to only support the weight of the tailgate.

I am concerned about the actual strength of this setup as well, guess I'll just have to see at this point.

This EVO version looks plenty strong on its own, as with the Maximus - I would think the weak point on both is the body itself at the attachment points but I'm no engineer, so I put my trust in good American companies and their expertise - I would try it.

Benito

Caught the Bug
i have yet to hear about a genright failure or crawler concept or poison spyder (body mount) or terrorflex carrier failure at the hinge. the four carriers mentioned are all mounted the same way and from what i understand the genright and poison spyder carriers only use the drivers side of the carrier to latch it closed while the left side of the tub supports most of the weight.

Remlap

i have yet to hear about a genright failure or crawler concept or poison spyder (body mount) or terrorflex carrier failure at the hinge. the four carriers mentioned are all mounted the same way and from what i understand the genright and poison spyder carriers only use the drivers side of the carrier to latch it closed while the left side of the tub supports most of the weight.

That is reassuring to hear, I wonder if anyone here has seen personally, or knows of someone coming down on the tire with these setups.

I am currently running an inverted ball hitch (minus the ball) to take the brunt of the force but maybe I don't need to?

Top Bottom