I'm halfway there. I got the hinge installed at least. Of course I had to pull my entire CB coax from the radio all the way out through the tail gate to get it out of the ACE tailgate plate. Phew! Then it was a wrestling match to get the 9/16" bolts in place. After I hammered them in I realized I forgot the washers. Son of a bitch. I got them out with a punch, put the washers on, and got them seated. Then I fought the stupid spacer plates that hang on the hinge bolts and try to line it all up and get the bolts started. The first 10 attempts resulted in a spacer or bolt dropping out of place. Once it was finally bolted on, I realized I had the tire carrier set too low. So I took the carrier bolts out again, raised the mount, and redid the spacers and bolts. So all in all, it took me 2.5 hours so far, instead of what should have been a 30 min job. I also left a "pull wire" in place so I can pull the license plate light wire through the tail gate when I get it.
I'll report back tomorrow after I get the tire on, license plate moved, and remove the bumper.