Roktoberfest 2016 - Suspended

Fires JK

I'm still interested even if it is only a meet and greet, I'm sure there will be some people that will want to find some trails to run

p38

Caught the Bug
NOTICE
Hey everyone, I need to let you know that Roktoberfest 2016 has been suspended until further notice. I really do apologize for the trouble especially for those of you who have requested time off to make this event. I would like think there is a way to still do some kind of an event but one that includes rock crawling is most likely going to be impossible at this time. While we have the full support of the city and can still have a parade, Jeep show and party at the Firkin, getting permits to get everyone on the trail in an official capacity is proving to be a bit more difficult. I will post up more as soon as I get a chance.

Official, Organized, Permitted, Legitimate, sounds very problematic. Since there are no real problems - only opportunities to solve problems; how about Unofficial, Coincidental, Random, Spontaneous as an alternative perspective. I will keep my room reservation until I hear a good reason to cancel. As a total stranger to the area, I would hope if I were to venture out into the wilderness on my own, a few concerned individuals would insure I didn't become lost, or wander into the wrong area.

Let me know what to bring.

g

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:clap2: I know it's a long way to come just for that and would be totally understanding if you decided to back out but I'm glad to hear that some of you would still be interested in coming up even if it were just to party with friends. I have just updated the list and will look forward to seeing you soon :cool:

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I can't go. :misery: It would be hard driving all that way with this on. My insurance would kill me if I got into an accident whether it was my fault or not. It hurts too. I'm hoping it will be off by the time the next Wayalife run comes around.

photo.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any update?

Been working with the city and the Open Space Committee and as of now, there's no way this event can happen in an official capacity this year but there's a really good chance we can make this happen and in a big way next year. There's just a lot of bureaucracy to deal with and they all operate at government speed. Needless to say, if you or anyone is on the fence about coming out just to spend time with friends, I might sit this one out and wait till we can make this into a real event.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can't go. :misery: It would be hard driving all that way with this on. My insurance would kill me if I got into an accident whether it was my fault or not. It hurts too. I'm hoping it will be off by the time the next Wayalife run comes around.

Oh man, what happened? I hope you're okay and totally understand you not being able to make it up in spite of your injury.

Top Bottom