Building Clutch's Battle Station

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Started messing with the CB install. I bought a CB mount that goes on the passenger handle but the Cobra 75 came with this little bracket, so I decided to give this a try (clean install, hopefully it holds up long term) IMG_20170304_120816542.jpg IMG_20170304_120825864.jpg

I like it cause you can spin the vent around and it's hidden! IMG_20170304_120830606.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
How you like the CB? 50,000? Wait til you get to 100,000. Rig looking good!:thumb:[emoji481]
The CB isn't operational yet. Per Dr's orders, I can't lift anything over 20 lbs, so I haven't had a chance to run the coax cable and mount the antenna because I can lift the spare tire. But I'll let you know as soon as I get it done. I like the simple air vent mount though, haha!

Last edited:

JKbrick

The CB isn't operational yet. Per Dr's orders, I can't lift anything over 20 lbs, so I haven't had a chance to run the coax cable and mount the antenna because I can lift the spare tire. But I'll let you know as soon as I get it done. I like the simple air vent mount though, haha!

Missed what happened but hope you get better soon

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
CB mount on the air vent. Hilariously genius.
I wish I could say it was all my idea. I stole the idea from a local 4x4 shop, when I test drove his JKS lifted jeep. Guess I should throw some business his way. But yeah, the mount is very clean!

Missed what happened but hope you get better soon

Oh thanks. It was out- patient, not a huge deal. I just don't want to prolong the healing process. Surgery was 2 weeks ago so I'm on the tail-end.
Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

SkylerMitchell

Good looking build! Subscribed. How are you linking the plush rides now that you've had them for a while? Have they settled at all? Ive got A 2 door as well and plan on purchasing a set in the near future. The current coils I have were installed by the previous owner and boy is it stiff.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Good looking build! Subscribed. How are you linking the plush rides now that you've had them for a while? Have they settled at all? Ive got A 2 door as well and plan on purchasing a set in the near future. The current coils I have were installed by the previous owner and boy is it stiff.
I took the plush rides off and sold them within 100 miles. I didn't want 3 1/4" of lift especially since the back was only going to have spacers. They would be okay if you have OME springs in the back like Stotch (this is who bought my coils), check out his build. I'm buying the JKS 2.5" lift soon. With the Evo coils the ride was fine, but really the Evo lifts are made for 4 door JK's so it's like fitting a square peg in a round hole.

SkylerMitchell

I took the plush rides off and sold them within 100 miles. I didn't want 3 1/4" of lift especially since the back was only going to have spacers. They would be okay if you have OME springs in the back like Stotch (this is who bought my coils), check out his build. I'm buying the JKS 2.5" lift soon. With the Evo coils the ride was fine, but really the Evo lifts are made for 4 door JK's so it's like fitting a square peg in a round hole.

Thanks for getting back to me on that. It's definitely had me curious as to how they run on a 2DR considering that they are made for a 4 door. I am looking for about 3" lift on the contrary though, so if you say the ride was still fine then I may still pull the plug on em.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Thanks for getting back to me on that. It's definitely had me curious as to how they run on a 2DR considering that they are made for a 4 door. I am looking for about 3" lift on the contrary though, so if you say the ride was still fine then I may still pull the plug on em.

If you're looking for about 3" the plush rides are a good choice. As Clutch said, the OME 2.25" rear coils pair nicely for ride height and quality.

Oh and Clutch, the CB mount is pretty slick :thumb:

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
No problem.
If you're looking for about 3" the plush rides are a good choice. As Clutch said, the OME 2.25" rear coils pair nicely for ride height and quality.

Oh and Clutch, the CB mount is pretty slick :thumb:
Thanks!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Guys, I need some help on jeep part priority; should I buy a tire carrier (Evo or CC tailgate mounted) or the JKS lift as my next buy? I have 35s on my stock carrier but I'd also like to have a real lift! Thanks for the feedback.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Guys, I need some help on jeep part priority; should I buy a tire carrier (Evo or CC tailgate mounted) or the JKS lift as my next buy? I have 35s on my stock carrier but I'd also like to have a real lift! Thanks for the feedback.

If your ok with your handling and ride, it might be a good idea to go with the tire carrier just to get it out of the way. Then again, I would probably just throw it in the back until it became an issue.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Man, you got a lift at the moment I would just go with the carrier. I'm in same boat.....lift or tires? I got a Frankenlift now and tires would be soooo sweet!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Yea, you guys make valid points. The thing is that I would get more enjoyment from a lift and also you hear about Overlander holding a 37 on the stock carrier. That's what makes me torn. But the truth is I'll have both eventually.

Top Bottom