Locker air line route

Sullivan

I was replacing all mine anyways. I figured I'd just do it once and be done.
I had a ton of issues with my rear air line while deep in a trail at Windrock park in Tennessee. It aggravated me to the point that I ordered the stainless lines before I even left he park that day.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I had a ton of issues with my rear air line while deep in a trail at Windrock park in Tennessee. It aggravated me to the point that I ordered the stainless lines before I even left he park that day.

Been running ARB lockers for a very long time and on multiple Jeeps. I've had enough problems with their lines to almost make me reconsider using them anymore. Ever since switching out to stainless lines, I haven't had a problem since. They're pricey but well worth it.

WJCO

Meme King

Been running ARB lockers for a very long time and on multiple Jeeps. I've had enough problems with their lines to almost make me reconsider using them anymore. Ever since switching out to stainless lines, I haven't had a problem since. They're pricey but well worth it.

Good to know. I'm certainly no hardcore wheeler, but I'll keep in in the back of my mind if something where to happen to my plastic one.

deadguy

All I needed was one problem and it was a done deal for me. Cheap insurance

Sent from my XT1096 using WAYALIFE mobile app

agiron

It was stated above somewhere, but if you are burning holes in the line, then you need to find a better route for the line.
With that being said, I was having line trouble all last year and finally got sick of having to track down the 5mm arb line when I ran out and was in a pinch. So I swapped all my lines over to 1/4" sae stainless steel lines. They are stainless to the point of the tub, right above the axle. Then I have a swivel fitting and it turns to 1/4" plastic line down to the axle. I am able to have it with some "coil" in the plastic line so that I have room for flex. Then the plastic line adapts to the arb fitting at he housing with an adapter that goes from 1/4" to - fitting.
I now keep a few fittings and 1/4 line in the jeep. And I know if somehow I loose or break or forget the extra line, I can get it anywhere in a jam.

Will you post a pic of the fitting and "coil"

jorgelrod

Hooked
Front Locker air line route

With the PR44 finally arriving sometime next week, and install hopefully being done next weekend. I'm curious as to how some of you guys have routed the air line. My locker compressor seats in my rear driver quarter panel and the air line from the rear locker comes in through a hole in one of the tub's drain plugs below the rear seats. I'm wondering how they guys with the compressor inside have routed it. tied to the frame, inside the frame, etc. All pointers welcomed...

JeepJeep75

There are several paths to snake airlines along on the jeep. In general, avoid heat from the exhaust as much as you can. Also, anywhere the line may rub on metal without being secured to it is a potential leak. I think the preferred air line route for the front axle is to snake it along the drivers side frame rail to the drivers upper control arm. Then down the arm right into the bulkhead fitting on the top of the pumpkin.
Just be thorough with how you route the line and secure it down with a bunch of zip ties. Heat and abrasion are the biggest enemies of those air lines. Upgrading to an armored line like the stainless braided ones is the route I would take.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I think the preferred air line route for the front axle is to snake it along the drivers side frame rail to the drivers upper control arm. Then down the arm right into the bulkhead fitting on the top of the pumpkin.

This is exactly what I was trying to figure out, the upper control arm was the key I was kinda missing in how I was thinking of getting it there. Thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
This is exactly what I was trying to figure out, the upper control arm was the key I was kinda missing in how I was thinking of getting it there. Thanks!

I merged your thread here. See some posts above. The way I've secured mine above hasn't been an issue. Here's a pic of a snow run we did. When I got home I had snow on top of tcase skid and axle, so I know snow was all over that line, no issues.

32427852962_ec92d672ae_k.jpg

Last edited:

jorgelrod

Hooked
Instead of starting a new thread, I have a similar question. Could any of you that have a ProRock front with an ARB show how you ran the air line from the pumpkin. I ran mine up over the upper mount bolt and it doesn't rub. I used an industrial ziptie to hold it to the arm so it doesn't come loose. Just curious if there is a better way. It's really tight quarters in that area. Here's a pic how I did.

View attachment 235106

Did you snake down the upper control arm to the tub? do you have some pics to get an idea?

WJCO

Meme King
Did you snake down the upper control arm to the tub? do you have some pics to get an idea?

This is on a WJ, and my compressor is inside the vehicle in the very back of the cargo area. I mainly just wanted to show the control arm portion of how I ran the line. The JK is different because the exhaust runs on the driver's side. On the WJ, the exhaust is on the passenger side.

jorgelrod

Hooked
This is on a WJ, and my compressor is inside the vehicle in the very back of the cargo area. I mainly just wanted to show the control arm portion of how I ran the line. The JK is different because the exhaust runs on the driver's side. On the WJ, the exhaust is on the passenger side.

Thats why I ask, my compressor sits close to where yours is, on the rear quarter panel on the inside

WJCO

Meme King
Thats why I ask, my compressor sits close to where yours is, on the rear quarter panel on the inside

Here's some pics of how I ran it. Basically, I tied the locker line to the diff breather hose, as that will give you a pretty good reference point of allowable slack as the axle cycles. Then I followed it along the frame to the back. I used wire loom around the line in spots where it could rub through or vibrate over time.

DSC05157.jpg

DSC05158.jpg

DSC05159.jpg

DSC05160.jpg

IMG_20170507_160413_564.jpg

mastrcruse

Front air line routing to ARB under passenger seat

I’ve searched a few ways and haven’t been able to find a thread for routing air lines. Sorry if there is a thread already but I couldn’t seem to find it....lots of them on routing the back or from locker to ARb in the driver side.

I am looking to route the air line for my front XD60 ARB to my compressor underneath the passenger side seat. I’d like to do the Russell air lines as Eddie recommends. Has someone routed to the passenger seat and have suggestions on routing? Having a hard time visualizing the best way to run it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I’ve searched a few ways and haven’t been able to find a thread for routing air lines. Sorry if there is a thread already but I couldn’t seem to find it....lots of them on routing the back or from locker to ARb in the driver side.

I am looking to route the air line for my front XD60 ARB to my compressor underneath the passenger side seat. I’d like to do the Russell air lines as Eddie recommends. Has someone routed to the passenger seat and have suggestions on routing? Having a hard time visualizing the best way to run it.

Thanks!

Merged thread here. Not sure if it will address the undertheseat routing but has other good tips.

mastrcruse

Merged thread here. Not sure if it will address the undertheseat routing but has other good tips.

No problem man! Thanks. I knew there were other threads but didn’t seem many were about routing to the passenger seat location...lots of good tips in this thread though.

My main concern is how to get it from (mostly) the drivesjde of the pumpkin across to the passenger side to run it down the frame without getting into any heat areas. I was thinking I’d just come out of the pumpkin and go under the engine to the passenger side frame rail but that leaves a lot of line not secured to something.

Top Bottom