New LoD Bumper line getting released this fall!!!

Really Like the look of the new front bumpers! But i cant help but notice the odd similarities between these and the Poison spyder Brawler Lite series front bumpers :thinking:

I actually bought 2 of PS front bumpers so the fact that these look similar and the rumor about Chinese steel in Poison spyder products now makes me really want that stubby with the stinger.

And i Ran the LoD sig series full width rear bumper on my last JK and i freaking loved that thing! I would totally by another one and i love the look of the new one, it will for sure go on my list of wants! And love that it actually attaches to the tail gate, i wasnt a fan of that tiny U bolt latch holding back the weight of a 37, jerry can, high lift, etc, I had it snap on me on a trail swing open past the stop and dent my corner with my own tire :doh: But sounds like the new one is going to be better and hopefully the mount to the tailgate is strong enough to hold back the weight of the spare and accessories.

One question about that rear bumper though, The sig series full width was amazing but it was HEAVY as HELL is the new one any lighter?

I can assure you that we get our steel right out of Northern Indiana from the Steel mills up there. We actually buy it in 44,000 lb coils and have it stretch leveled and cut into sheets for our lasers, and we only use pickled and oiled steel in our manufacturing process. We designed these to have some aggressive lines, excellent protection, and great approach and departure angles. We even designed the Fog light bezels on the front and rear to resist collecting mud and water by laser cutting drain slots in them, that way you can wash out any mud or salt. We posted weights on our site, The Destroyer series bumpers are a bit slimmer than our signature series, so yes they do weigh less, we took that in to consideration when designing these as well. We painstakingly designed these to be the absolute best bumpers on the market, from fit and finish, to functionality, to the amount of accessories available for them, and the adjust-ability of all of the accessories. Our D-Ring mounts are even dual purpose, as we are currently making adapters for tow bars for them, and a Hi-lift Jack safety lifting adapter that we will be releasing here soon.

This video we just posted might answer some of your questions ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwONV4w_tB0

desertrunner

LōD Offroad;784262 said:
I can assure you that we get our steel right out of Northern Indiana from the Steel mills up there. We actually buy it in 44,000 lb coils and have it stretch leveled and cut into sheets for our lasers, and we only use pickled and oiled steel in our manufacturing process. We designed these to have some aggressive lines, excellent protection, and great approach and departure angles. We even designed the Fog light bezels on the front and rear to resist collecting mud and water by laser cutting drain slots in them, that way you can wash out any mud or salt. We posted weights on our site, The Destroyer series bumpers are a bit slimmer than our signature series, so yes they do weigh less, we took that in to consideration when designing these as well. We painstakingly designed these to be the absolute best bumpers on the market, from fit and finish, to functionality, to the amount of accessories available for them, and the adjust-ability of all of the accessories. Our D-Ring mounts are even dual purpose, as we are currently making adapters for tow bars for them, and a Hi-lift Jack safety lifting adapter that we will be releasing here soon.

The video was great thank you! Like i said i ran the sig series full width on my last JK and i loved it and this looks like an awesome new product that i REALLY want with some fantastic upgrades from the sig series.

You guys make great stuff and i will be saving up for both front and rear destroyer bumpers!!

juniormb

LōD Offroad;784262 said:

When do you think you will have the tow bar adapters ready.

0311DoC

LōD Offroad;766854 said:
New LoD Bumper line getting released this fall!!!

Hey guys we are getting close to releasing a whole new line of JK Products here this fall, so I thought we would share some photo’s and info on them. The new line has some bold new aggressive styling and some great features that make this line unlike anything else on the market. We have spent a lot of time on the design and the functionality of these bumpers so let us know what you think! We will have a lot more pics that we will post here later this week of the Rear bumper and tire carrier systems with all of the accessories that it can hold along with the innovative door disconnect system. Everything is 100% newly designed from the ground up to be the most versatile and highest quality product available on the market! All of the bumpers are shown in bare steel are also offered with a black powder coat finish.

Rear Bumper Features

The tire carrier system is a door-linked system that opens and closes with the rear door, but the greatest part is that also quickly unlatches from the rear door for quick access to accessories on the backside of the tire carrier or for easy cleaning of the rear door or tire carrier.
We will be offering the rear bumpers in both Full width and Shorty Versions.
The Rear bumpers have interchangeable light bezels that allow customers to choose from a variety of lighting options, anything from multiple different LED’s to economical Halogen lights. The light bezels can be changed out at any time if you decide that you want different lights.
The Rear bumpers are also tow rated with the same tow rating as your factory tow rating and they offer a place for your safety chains and a place for your factory trailer wiring to mount to.
The tire carriers are now more versatile and adjustable than ever. They can hold Steel NATO Jerry Cans, Rotopax gas can and storage packs, a hi-lift jack in multiple different locations, axes and shovels, powertank air tank mounts, a trial rack storage rack above the tire and much more. All of these accessories can be put on or taken off at any time without the removal of the tire, All of these bolt on accessories can also be adjusted up and down on the tire carrier, either for maximum visibility or maximum ground clearance.

Front Bumper Features

The new line of front bumpers come in 4 different versions From Shortys, to Mid Width to Full Width.
The Front bumpers are all setup for factory fog lights, and will fit any aftermarket light that bolts in like the factory lights.
The front bumpers are offered with a 2” OD bull bar with adjustable mounts on the backside of the bull bar for LED light bars or individual auxiliary lights of any kind.
The front bumpers also have an available skid plate to protect the lower frame cross member from trail damage and to protect the swaybar disconnect on the Rubicon models
All of the front bumpers feature new D-ring mounts that are also designed to be towable behind RV’s. We are offering adapter mounts for Blue ox and Roadmaster tow bars that will hook up directly to the d-ring mounts on the bumpers.
We also have a license plate mount for states that require front license plates
Let us know what you think so far………, more to come later this week!!!!!

View attachment 222390 View attachment 222391 View attachment 222392 View attachment 222393 View attachment 222394 View attachment 222395 View attachment 223302 View attachment 223303 View attachment 223304 View attachment 223305 View attachment 225441 View attachment 225442 View attachment 225443 View attachment 225444

Just picked up a set. Looking forward to getting them on..

Rubicon310

That's an awesome looking rear bumper/ carrier. Does anyone have any first hand experience with it? More specifically, any vibrations from the latching system? Looks very well built.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
That's the one I just ordered. The only pics I've seen of it are on their website mounted to Jeep

http://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep...umpers/2007-2016-jk-destroyer-shorty-188.html

Be prepared to wait I ordered my rear bumper they told me 2 weeks it's now going on 4 weeks and still no bumper. I'm ok waiting it's just I wish when a company tells you something they should stand by there word or at least notify you. They have all my information. They even took my credit card information. If you know your product is not ready to sell then you shouldn't tell customers it is.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rogue41

I spoke to Chris today about the overdue shipping. Apparently the initial production run on the rear bumpers had an issue and they didn't pass quality control. I'm very anxious to have my order also but am happy to hear they won't compromise on the quality. The good news is my front mid-width is on the way and I can get my winch mounted up.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I spoke to Chris today about the overdue shipping. Apparently the initial production run on the rear bumpers had an issue and they didn't pass quality control. I'm very anxious to have my order also but am happy to hear they won't compromise on the quality. The good news is my front mid-width is on the way and I can get my winch mounted up.

That's funny I got a different story! I agree with you on the quality, I never said anything about there craftsmanship. Just could ask for better customer service. (Referring back to my post)

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

desertrunner

just as a heads up i talked to LOD yesterday and the stubby front stinger currently will not fit the warn Power Plant, the plate gusset on the side of the stinger will contact it BUT they are working on some adjustments to make it fit so there may be an updated version soon :thumb:

aermid

My rear tire carrier ordered. Hope it gets here before Christmas. We are taking the Jeep on a road trip that week. If they are still running 4 weeks out I still should be good

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom