Arizona Trip in October - Need help

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I plan on heading out to Arizona to visit my mom in Chino Valley the first week of October. I have plans to visit Sedona with her and then upon my return with the family, head over to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon for some camping.

Does anyone have any suggestions for which trails and where to camp? Any help would be appreciated!!

Randy Tadevich

Are you a veteran at all? Fort Tuthill near Flagstaff is a great camping area. They have a hotel, A frames, yurts and tent camping. But active duty or a vet is required. Its close to the grand canyon, sedona, etc.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Are you a veteran at all? Fort Tuthill near Flagstaff is a great camping area. They have a hotel, A frames, yurts and tent camping. But active duty or a vet is required. Its close to the grand canyon, sedona, etc.

Thank you for the info, but I am not. Maybe I will bring Cav_fighter with me, strap him to the roof or something.

JKU Arizona

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I plan on heading out to Arizona to visit my mom in Chino Valley the first week of October. I have plans to visit Sedona with her and then upon my return with the family, head over to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon for some camping.

Does anyone have any suggestions for which trails and where to camp? Any help would be appreciated!!

You could start by doing Smiley rock in Jerome ( 34.757520, -112.129727 )

Sedona has a bunch of trails. Broken arrow, Soldier Pass, along with many more. They have maps at the information areas.

For camping there's a few camp spots taking the 89A north thru Sedona here is one we recently stayed at. 35.0522222,-111.7358333 - no restrooms or anything just you and the woods.

also you could take Schnebley Hill Road all the way to the forest till you see a sign “Camping Permitted” this is a easy trail. 34.889977, -111.701971 - also no restrooms.

Or you could go look at the Honanki Herritage ruines site and off of the parking area to the left there's another trail. you take that road and there's dispersed camping but i think you need a day pass to camp. might want to ask at the information center in Sedona. You take dry creek road (you'll see a Euro Deli) Once on dry creek road just take it and follow the signs to the ruins. They close the ruines at 5pm i think. Honanki Site if you continue on the trail road just follow it and you'll see areas where you could pull over and camp 34.893145, -111.954524

highoctane

Caught the Bug
It's about an hour and a half away from Prescott, but the drive over to Payson to run Payette Draw is worth it. Fun trail and probably my new favorite in AZ. There is a bypass road that parallels the trail, and has camping spots all along it.

Top Bottom