CALAMITY JANE - Cleaning Up

bthomas

Cleaning Up Calamity Jane

Stripping her down huh? Looks like you found some surprises under the door sill and up the wheel opening. Looks to me like its fairly minor though. You keeping the same color as the dash when you repaint?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Stripping her down huh? Looks like you found some surprises under the door sill and up the wheel opening. Looks to me like its fairly minor though. You keeping the same color as the dash when you repaint?

LOL!! Yeah, you could call it one of the many calamities of Jane. Fortunately, no rust or serious damage but "some" bondo had been used to smooth out a wrinkle or two.

As far as paint goes, yes, gonna get her back to a factory jet set blue metallic [emoji41]

bthomas

Cleaning Up Calamity Jane

LOL!! Yeah, you could call it one of the many calamities of Jane. Fortunately, no rust or serious damage but "some" bondo had been used to smooth out a wrinkle or two.

As far as paint goes, yes, gonna get her back to a factory jet set blue metallic [emoji41]

Good there's no rust. Looking forward to watching the progress. Between Calamity Jane and Emma, you've got your hands full!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, last week, the Poison Spyder rocker guards we bought for Jane came in and I finally got a chance to do a test fit. They don't make ones that are a direct bolt on fit for an intermediate CJ5 so I'll have to improvise a bit to make them work. I will do a complete install before sending them off to powdercoat.

Here's a shot of the rocker guards out of the box.
IMG_9707.jpg

And, here are a couple of shots of the driver side rocker guard being test fitted and marked for drilling.
IBNY5187.jpg

ULRT2054.jpg

Draconianwinter

Hmmm I didn't think the cj came with aluminum wheels. Every cj I have owned were factory steel. Come to think of it I have never seen factory aluminum on any cj. Well learn something new every day lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Planning on wheeling it a little or rocker guards just for looks? Either way, they're looking good

Oh yeah, planning to take this one out on the trails even if just easier ones. Needless to say, the rocker guards are for protection but I think they look great too :yup:

Hmmm I didn't think the cj came with aluminum wheels. Every cj I have owned were factory steel. Come to think of it I have never seen factory aluminum on any cj. Well learn something new every day lol

Yep, the early CJ5 came with these aluminum wheels as part of the Renegade package. That's one of the reasons why we were so excited about having them on this Jeep and them be in such great condition. :yup:

Those rockers fit nicely. :thumb:

Thanks! They do line up great on the body. I just need to make it so they tie in on the bottom.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
You're making me wish I didn't lose the pictures of my CJ5 when I split with my ex-wife.

Oh well... On to better things and better memories!

Calamity is going to be badass.

Top Bottom