Replaced stock drive shaft with rough country one and.............

Draconianwinter

Exactly. I learned this after getting a Rubicon Express DS. I ended up getting an Adams DS. I can highly recommend them as I believe they use what Eddie posted above.

One of many reasons to like this site and the people on it. Lots of knowledge here and purple willing to keep you from making bad choices

jesse3638

Hooked
Ugg. Well after I get my lockers sorted out this week I was going to go with this.

http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep-long-arm-upgrade-kit-790.html

Should I nut up and pay 4k for a different set up? I have a lift on the truck now but I have no idea who made it. It has Fox shocks on it now but they seem to be about a year old. Not the original lift kit.

Yes I would. Those aren't true long arms, they are whats called radius arms. You upper control arm is replaced with a shorter arm which connects to the lower control arm. Though I have no real world experience with this set up I was steered away from them and opted for Full Traction's 3 in long arm kit and have been really happy. My other choice was EVO Mfg's Double D Bolt-on long arm kit. Hopefully others which run or have run radius arms can chime in and give you some more advice.

Very true. I was just speaking as if he wanted longs arms was to get true long arms not the radius arms like in the Rough Country kit.

True if he wants long arms he would spend more. In Jeeps you get what you pay for is very true. If the Rough Country is his budget he can get great lifts for the same money. They aren't long arms but more than enough to tackle what we have on the east coast.

Top Bottom