Lift for new jeep

Fett21

So I just got my first ever jeep at ten beginning of the year. 2016 75 anniversary edition 2 door jk.
Still stock for now but looking to do a 3in lift and put 35s under it. I was looking at the fox lift kits or metalcloak 6 pack. But since I live here in Florida I don't really have a lot of choices. Also the is my daily driver. I just want something that will last. Trails here are sand and mud. Not to many rocks. Lol. What would be the best for my money with out totally breaking my 5k budget?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
You could do a 2.5" budget boost instead of spending a ton of money on a lift that you'll never fully use living in FL.

Last edited:

Fett21

Thanks for the info. I do plan on making a trip in the next few years out and try to run the trail there at moab. So I just want something so I don't have to buy new stuff before any trip

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Thanks for the info. I do plan on making a trip in the next few years out and try to run the trail there at moab. So I just want something so I don't have to buy new stuff before any trip

A budget boost is an inexpensive way to get your feet wet and retain your current ride quality. You'll still be able fit 35s and take it to Moab. Take it to Lazy Springs and Rock Hard in FL before Moab to really help you get a feel for it.

Just make sure to get a kit that includes everything.

Napalm

I've seen people do decent at Moab with a 2.5 inch and 35s!

desertrunner

I've seen people do decent at Moab with a 2.5 inch and 35s!

My dad had plenty of fun in moab with a 2.5 budget boost and 33s on his 4 door, the ledges out there were a little rough for him with the longer wheel base but for a 2 door definitely plenty of fun to be had out there with a 2.5 and 33-35

2Cross

Caught the Bug
My sons 2dr JK on 4 door springs with cut fenders and 35s does better than my 4 dr on 37s (evo coilovers).
Way under 5k and solid ride. I even added a ProRock 44 from housing to make sure it's beefy. Cost me $80 for the 4 door springs but I bet you could easily get them free on WAL. Put in a 3/4" puck on the front and it gave 2" front lift and 1.5" rear lift. Leveled it out nice
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474124966.379825.jpg

Coop

Caught the Bug
My sons 2dr JK on 4 door springs with cut fenders and 35s does better than my 4 dr on 37s (evo coilovers).
Way under 5k and solid ride. I even added a ProRock 44 from housing to make sure it's beefy. Cost me $80 for the 4 door springs but I bet you could easily get them free on WAL. Put in a 3/4" puck on the front and it gave 2" front lift and 1.5" rear lift. Leveled it out nice
View attachment 222978

Interesting option!

RonG

If you want to go that route, you can have the take-offs from my 4-door. Where in Florida are you? PM me.

jmayps

You could do a 2.5" budget boost instead of spending a ton of money on a lift that you'll never fully use living in FL.

Fett21, as MR.Ty said, a BB would be cheap (a couple hundred maybe) and give you the clearance to run 35s and have a lot of fun without breaking the bank. That's what I'm doing with my rig while I save up for better sliders, skids, cage, etc. I'm also running JKUR coils and shocks with the BB. Total height around 3-3.5". Basically I'm saving up for everything else I need before I get the lift I need/want to run 37s. Realistically I could probably run 37s with the height I have if it wasn't for my D30. This setup has worked well for me, however 4 door coils does stiffen up the ride a lot.

Here's how Gemini is sitting with 2.5" BB and JKUR coils and shocks on 285/75R17 Nitto TGs, just to give you an idea.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You will get lift, like 2Cross said, with JKU springs, as long as they are 17, 18, or 19 front coils, & 59 or 60 rear coils, however, it will ride really rough.

Like Mr.Ty said, a spacer lift is inexpensive, and would probably do what you need, while retaining your stock ride quality. It is easy to install, & if you want a full on lift kit later, you can easily sell the spacer lift for at least half what you paid for it.

Top Bottom