Fuel pump issues 2016 jku

SunDevilJk

Curious if it is a common problem for fuel pumps to be going out in a new jk. Fuel pump went out mid trail 2 weeks ago and had a very difficult tow back to a highway. Today on the same trail during a hill climb in 4 lo 2nd gear 3k rpms check engine came on. Check the code. Misfire cylinder 6. Attempted to limp it back, died again throwing 6 codes now can't remember all them now. Won't start doesn't sound like the clicking from the pump is present.

Is this a known issue or am I having special problems?

bthomas

That sucks man! I'm no expert, but I can't think of hearing any common problems with the fuel pumps. Were you able to get it home? Or are you stuck somewhere needing help?

SunDevilJk

I was able to get pulled out both times. It was not easy and the second time, today broke something in the power steering during the tow, since it's dead ,power steering is gone and was harder than shit to turn a 37 with no power. There is fluid everywhere.

Also had shifter link snap at 2k miles.

I have had several jeeps and have never had issues like I have in this one. 5k miles and dead in the water 3 times.

bthomas

Glad you were able to get it back home. For a minute I thought your were out stranded somewhere and we needed to round up a rescue party! Post up some codes, I'm sure there's people that will chime with some help. If your fuel pump is crapping out, I would guess it could cause a lean condition and throw some codes. What dealership did it come from?

SunDevilJk

Air park dodge Chrysler jeep in Scottsdale AZ. I will post codes in the morning I need to either update or get a new reader. It won't show me all the codes.

bthomas

I don't know much about Airpark, I hope they take care of you. Superstition Springs has done me right for the few warranty things I needed.

SunDevilJk

They took care of the first two warranty issues I have had. Shifter linkage break at 2k miles and fuel pump and 5k. Very simple no hassle. My issue is that the fuel pump is failing and it is not something I can fix on the trail as the gas tank has to be dropped. I feel like there is bigger issue that is causing the fuel pump to wear out prematurely.
Also I'm kinda scared about that cylinder 6 misfire code.

I have a '16 with almost 6k on it and no issues yet. I'm still stock and haven't wheeled it hard so maybe that has something to do with it.

Top Bottom