Add-Ons questions

I wonder if the no name ones are the same quality. I really like the look but don't want to spend the money with Spod because of their pimping on here. I also don't like tie look of the other options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Yes. I'm hoping painless comes out with their overhead panel soon. I'd like to see it in person at some point. The few pictures I've seen just don't look as clean.

I know the feeling... while the A pillar switch pros is awesome, idk how it would be with the sport cage... while SPOD as a company is a bag of dicks, they sure nailed the "clean finish" aspect, but ultimately, will not see a dollar from me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know the feeling... while the A pillar switch pros is awesome, idk how it would be with the sport cage... while SPOD as a company is a bag of dicks, they sure nailed the "clean finish" aspect, but ultimately, will not see a dollar from me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Totally agree. I keep hoping that when I get to that point in a year or so there will be a similar option or I can find a used one so they get no money from me.

Yes. I'm hoping painless comes out with their overhead panel soon. I'd like to see it in person at some point. The few pictures I've seen just don't look as clean.

These are coming VERY SOON. We have a design review today, then they should be shipping.

Part numbers are going to be:
57003 - 2009-16 Jeep Wrangler JK Trail Rocker Overhead (W/Non-Auto Dimming Mirror)
57004 - 2009-16 Jeep Wrangler JK Trail Rocker Overhead (W/Auto Dimming Mirror)

All can be viewed here: http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/trko

zimm

Caught the Bug
not to hijack but could you post a pic with the different switch in place?

The ARB is a standard Carling switch, the same painless uses. I went and replaced them all with dual illuminated green ones so the words light up with the lights on. All the extra wires were hard to stuff in there, hence the screw helping to hold the panel in place.

IMG_5416 by Zimm17, on Flickr

zimm

Caught the Bug
Yup, any carling contura V or XIV will work and same with replacing the rocker covers. Get the $2 tool to pop off the covers, so worth it.

So now I'm onto the phase of armor. I know I want the EVO quarter pounder with stinger, their full skid system, their rock sliders (low angle) and skins. But I am stuck on what to do for
1. Rear bumper
2. Fenders
3. Exhaust (want something that won't get jacked up when I go over rocks)
4. Any thing else I'm missing?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
So now I'm onto the phase of armor. I know I want the EVO quarter pounder with stinger, their full skid system, their rock sliders (low angle) and skins. But I am stuck on what to do for
1. Rear bumper
2. Fenders

1. No rear bumper
2. Cut your fenders
3. Dynomax exhaust
4. Skys the limit

1. No rear bumper
2. Cut your fenders
3. Dynomax exhaust
4. Skys the limit

Can you point me in the direction of the exact exhaust for a 2013 JKUR? Also does it drone at all? I like an aggressive sound but not an annoying one at highway speeds [emoji1303] and thanks I think I'll go this route but maybe get the Evo rear shackles and fascia.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Can you point me in the direction of the exact exhaust for a 2013 JKUR? Also does it drone at all? I like an aggressive sound but not an annoying one at highway speeds [emoji1303] and thanks I think I'll go this route but maybe get the Evo rear shackles and fascia.

IMG_2231.jpg

This is what I have, and it dumps before the axle. It sounds awesome in my opinion, but if your looking for something a little tamer, check out the quit crawl

WJCO

Meme King
Yep. PM DynoMax. If they don't have a kit, Matt can help tell you what pieces you will need. He just helped me pick mine, and it came out perfect IMO.

xxJWPxx

1. Rear bumper
2. Fenders

1. If you're going with EVO everything else then I'd say EVO rear would be my choice. Rear Fascia with D-Ring mounts is nice for the clean bumper less look and pretty inexpensive.
2. Again if EVO is your Mfg of choice I'd hold tight until they release their fenders (soon from what I've heard) or cut your own, which is free.
3. Don't have any experience with the Dynomax exhaust but I've only heard good things. If you want to look at another option I'd recommend the Magnaflow cat-back Rock Crawler Exhaust (#15237). Sounds great and is tucked up and away from any rock damage.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
The ARB is a standard Carling switch, the same painless uses. I went and replaced them all with dual illuminated green ones so the words light up with the lights on. All the extra wires were hard to stuff in there, hence the screw helping to hold the panel in place.

IMG_5416 by Zimm17, on Flickr

Yeah, no joke that panel will pop out with no switches. I'm always pushing that daystar panel back in. I have tried to spread the plastic clips to hold better but the clips have to much memory and go back to original shape.

Top Bottom