Add-Ons questions

Brute

Hooked
My .02...I have rigs with both single & dual arb compressors...for 35" tires and smaller, the single is fine. When I went to 37's on the Brute, I had a single in it and it was at the very edge of running at its duty cycle limit & was smoking hot airing up; so I put an additional twin in her (and it doesn't have to be under the hood)...

As far as dual batteries are concerned, only get them if you are running a fridge, and make sure to isolate the starting battery from the aux battery. I was having a couple issues with the Genesis system where the isolator was getting hot & drawing a small bit of amperage, eventually killing the aux battery...I replaced the isolator with a different brand and it works great. In any event, get a quality AGM battery whether only one or two...these won't spill battery acid and won't be easily damaged by all the vibration associated with driving off road.

I have both an Spod & Switch Pros system in two different rigs...both work fine. I installed the Spod in the Brute before joining this forum...and when it came time to put in a switch system into the JK6, I went with Switch Pros...integrity does count, and having been a small business owner, I know how critical word of mouth advertising is to any small business...I don't have any personal experience with Painless, but I have only heard good things about their company...

jkwebbie

As you know full well, there's a reason why they aren't preferred vendors here anymore and being that you're a guest on my forum, it would be much appreciated by me if you could try to show just a little respect for me.
In all honesty, I don't think I've bought anything from them since they were removed lol. Hell I haven't bought anything for my Jeep in months... I need to fix that lol
NR 4x4 sucks donkey dicks. Well, unless you don't care about having your stuff arrive on time, in complete packaging, and with all of the pieces. Plus, they are great at selling you the wrong shit or shit you don't need.
I've never had that problem with them, I guess I was lucky lol. The only hick up I had with them is they sent me the wrong track bar mount, but it actually sent from Artecs warehouse and not there's, so I guess its Artecs fault on that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks.....just ordered one and was wondering due to the lack of mention as an option in this discussion

You'll be very happy with what you ordered. I think there's just not a lot of talk about them because their the newest kit on the block. But, Painless as a company has been around for a real long time and they know what they're doing.

boardsurfer

So on Amazon there is a bezeled and non-bezeled switch pro, any comments about the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So the Bezel style doesnt have the mounting holes on the side? The description on their site doesnt mention the difference at all which is weird. If you look closely on the pic on the right HERE you can see the mounting bracket is just different than the original version.

I would assume if you go that route you would intend to flush mount it somewhere - just keep in mind the cabling comes right out the back so you'll need a hole of some sort for that to go through.

danco3636

Alright so Amazon it is! Now I just gotta find the right mounting place, has anybody used one of these A-pillar switch mounts but cut the whole thing out and put in the panel like this?

View attachment 228364

Getting mine put in like this as well.
I talked to the company and they gave me guidance of how to install it on the A pillar and even sent over instructions and things needed for this mount to my installer.

Great company to work with Switch Pro

Last edited:
Getting mine put in like this as well.
I talked to the company and they gave me guidance of how to install it on the A pillar and even sent over instructions and things needed for this mount to my installer.

Great company to work with Switch Pro

So what all did they say you will need? Is there more than just the daystar mount and the bezeled switch pros?

kbsvo2go

Have any of you seen or used the APOC Industries Power Hub? It has 6 switches and a digital volt meter. It looks similar in design to the Spod and is listed for the 09-16 Wrangler. This company is located near my home in Louisville TN and I do like supporting local businesses. If it's made in China I'm OUT.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Have any of you seen or used the APOC Industries Power Hub? It has 6 switches and a digital volt meter. It looks similar in design to the Spod and is listed for the 09-16 Wrangler. This company is located near my home in Louisville TN and I do like supporting local businesses. If it's made in China I'm OUT.

I haven't heard of it but maybe someone around your area has?

I'm going to call Switch Pros after class today to ask about the install of the bezeled mount. Also does anyone have a dual A-pillar mount that they like besides the rigid industries one? I'm not sure I wanna drop that much money on just a light mount.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

I haven't heard of it but maybe someone around your area has?

It looks SHOCKINGLY similar to these No-Name Amazon Products... even the wire-loom, relays, gauge, main power fuse, switches... :idontknow: best price looks to be $168 w/ Prime... APOC wants $374.99...

https://www.amazon.com/LITE-WAY-Jee...rd_wg=lhXse&psc=1&refRID=742PQ0ZNA3NWWG3MDJFC

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HGPH07W?psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H6ZTF3Y?psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M6C1V13?psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B2DSN7K?psc=1

Top Bottom