CB mounting and wiring Cobra 19

hawklee

So i know there are number of thread arounds this topic and would appreciate if someone could post the threads, but i have a few specific questions/comments in addition:

I do not want to mount above mirror or on dash, and I was thinking a great place would be inside the center console armrest, if anyone has this set up....
-will i be able to hear it when closed? i know i can get the external speaker later if needed
-seems simple to wire it right into the cigarette lighter. Plus i can run the mic and antenna coaxial right through the holes in the console.
--Is there anything I'm overlooking by doing this? almost seems too easy.

The other options i was considering was to the left or right on the side by your knee on center console and would like to find write up...also, would you face speaker out?

Also, hoping to see how/where coaxial cable was wired under carpet to tail gate or is there a reason to go underneath body.

THx

***edit, fyi its a 2012 jku

Last edited:

Frydaddy

Here is how I mounted mine. Forward of the shifter. Install is a little tight, but looks clean and fits my needs.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?39448-Question-about-Rugged-Ridge-CB-mount&p=765150&viewfull=1#post765150

View attachment 221752

Edit: The cable can be routed under the plastic rocker covers in the doorways on the passenger side. The carpet lifts easily from there. I was able to remove the quarter panel plastic by lifting the cover at the seatbelt, then remove the plastic outboard of the roll bar, the inboard plastic is held in with a 10mm bolt behind that. Routing the cable through the gate can get interesting. Get inventive with some stiff wire for a fish-tape. Use some zip ties to attach it to the holding strap. I had a 25' cable that was about the right length.

Last edited:
Top Bottom