What would you buy?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Having actually limped my Jeep home from PA to NC with a broken front pinion, I can say until I have D60s under my Jeep, I'd love to trailer it. Of course, using the same logic, I'd rather take the money for that truck and put it into D60s so I don't have to worry about it. :crazyeyes:

Why would you need to limp the jeep home? Pull the ring gear and go. Hell you could strip the housing of shafts, ring and pinion, driveshaft and then go and have no worries.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have a superduty and still won't trailer it to the trail. Lol
Of course we don't wheel Offroad parks where we start and end in the parking lot.

Gravedigger11

I have a superduty and still won't trailer it to the trail. Lol
Of course we don't wheel Offroad parks where we start and end in the parking lot.

I think that is the big difference on trailering vs not trailering and east vs west coast. East coast mainly has parks, trailering being a good backup if you break something major. West coast is a lot of trails you start one place and end up elsewhere.

PilotJK

I think that is the big difference on trailering vs not trailering and east vs west coast. East coast mainly has parks, trailering being a good backup if you break something major. West coast is a lot of trails you start one place and end up elsewhere.

It makes sense... Thanks for everyone's input. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I think the big difference is that back east, your trails are in off road parks, close to town and are measured in square acres. Out west, the areas we wheel are measured in square miles and when you're over 100 miles from the closest anything, there is no good "backup" if you break something major. For us, we try our hardest to build our Jeeps to survive the punishment that we throw at them and learn how to fix what we break on the trail. You have to or else you can really be up a creek and without a paddle.

Brute

Hooked
I think the big difference is that back east, your trails are in off road parks, close to town and are measured in square acres. Out west, the areas we wheel are measured in square miles and when you're over 100 miles from the closest anything, there is no good "backup" if you break something major. For us, we try our hardest to build our Jeeps to survive the punishment that we throw at them and learn how to fix what we break on the trail. You have to or else you can really be up a creek and without a paddle.

I actually have been up a creek without a paddle...whitewater rafting in Costa Rica...

I have an F250 SD with a 6.7 Powerstroke...the only reason I have it is to tow a 10,000 lb boat & trailer (I can't drive the boat to the ramp)...and it does so easily.

jesse3638

Hooked

Trailer wouldn't have helped me!..;)

robertoloco

I like the idea of putting a camper on the truck and camping for day's at a time close to the action(not having to drive to a motel at night or pitch a tent)

Top Bottom