What Wheels Are You Running?

max380

Maybe off topic a little (and way noob)...

I run 265/70R17 and you guys posting about 17X9...

Help me convert please :blush:

max380

17x9 is the wheel size, you are talking tires. It's a wheel thread.

Damn that's the French to English thing... Damn am I dumb lol.

Forgot the photo! So here it is.

IMG_0112.jpg

I don't really like my wheels, stock Jeep, but I was offered to black paint them by my aesthetic guy.

Any thoughts on that ?

Close look up :

IMG_0110.jpg

Here is a shot from a Jeep I saw on the street and I kinda liked it but it seems to have worn out so I am hesitating to do that before buying wheels next year. 200CAD$ for the 4 wheels :

IMG_0519.jpg

So that's where I am now... Doesn't match your big fancy wheels, but I don't hate the Jeep wheels that much!

DoYouEvenJeep

Here is a shot from a Jeep I saw on the street and I kinda liked it but it seems to have worn out so I am hesitating to do that before buying wheels next year. 200CAD$ for the 4 wheels :

View attachment 223812

So that's where I am now... Doesn't match your big fancy wheels, but I don't hate the Jeep wheels that much![/QUOTE]

It looks like he used plasti-dip to do the wheels. Plasti-dip is a fairly popular and extremely cheap way to make your wheels black.. I plasti-dipped mine until I got aftermarket wheels, and was pretty happy with the results. I did all 5 of mine in about an hour and spent maybe $15. Look search YouTube or Google, and you will find a plethora of instructionals on plasti-dip. Hope that helps

Evil

Method 105's as well. 17x9. 3.5 BS Hard to get a pic on the Jeep that doesn't look like a black blob
IMG_3149.jpg

Mtb275

I really liked the Mopar Beadlocks. Tried to order them this week. The company had them on their website and I ordered them. The next day I got an email and they said they canceled the order because the wheels have been discontinued.

So I'm pretty sure I will be ordering the KMC Machette's Beadlocks.

desertrunner

I ran Pro Comp steel 51 series 17x9 4.25 BS on my last JK and will probably go the same route again on my next one to fit bigger tires until i can afford slabs or what ever is the new bad ass rim when the time comes. best thing about the pro comps was they were nice and cheap!

DSC00748.jpg

I'm currently on stock wheels, But eventually the end game is some Atx slabs or I also like Method Beadlocks! Haven't decided but I have more time to decide! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474693708.826467.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474693723.177496.jpg

RMC2

Caught the Bug
My favorite is the 17" ATX Ravine, but make them actual beadlocks. I like the light weight of the Method beadlocks and the toughness of Slabs. Then of course Machete and Chamber Pro II. Walker Evans look great.

Can you tell I cant make my mind.

Jackal01

My favorite is the 17" ATX Ravine, but make them actual beadlocks. I like the light weight of the Method beadlocks and the toughness of Slabs. Then of course Machete and Chamber Pro II. Walker Evans look great.

Can you tell I cant make my mind.

Just buy one of each!

zimm

Caught the Bug
I like my AEV Salta's in Onyx (graphite grey) because I've never seen another set on another jeep in person. I like to be different.

BF668E99-9CA1-458D-A904-2FF3445CBB94_zpsri2ra2oj.jpg

Last edited:

LarryG

This is a good thread. I recently went thru this dilemma after ordering my ProRock 60s. The choices become extremely limited when you try to match up the lug pattern, back spacing, beadlock or not, and the settle on a look you like. Add the tire component, and what should be fun, quickly becomes stress!,,:eek::beer::idontknow::idontknow::idontknow:

zimm

Caught the Bug
I saw in the latest quadratec catalog that they have replicas of the rubicon wheels, but in wider sizes. Those would be cool.

Top Bottom