Jeep JK Wrangler 2.5" Budget Boost Installation Write-Up

volleyholic

I installed this budget boost about a week ago and I'm having a minor issue. When I hit a bump or bad pavement I'm getting a slight rattle that sounds like it's coming from the rear axel (passenger side). I've checked everything and made sure everything is tight but I can't figure out what's causing it! Can it be the relocation bracket?

I'm interested in this answer too. Have the same issue but haven't installed the relocation bracket yet so I'm going to guess that's not the problem on yours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I installed this budget boost about a week ago and I'm having a minor issue. When I hit a bump or bad pavement I'm getting a slight rattle that sounds like it's coming from the rear axel (passenger side). I've checked everything and made sure everything is tight but I can't figure out what's causing it! Can it be the relocation bracket?

Have you torqued your rear track bar on both the axle side and frame side to spec while the jeep is on the ground?

liljohn850

Yep, and everything is good and tight. I've been checking it periodically and it hasn't backed off at all

you check the shock and sway bar end link bolts? if you installed bump stops, those bolts as well? I can't think of too many other bolts. Is the spring seated all the way? :idontknow:

gtony12

Caught the Bug

When I added my 2.5" BB I had a rattle and ended up being the top shock extender not tighten all the way.:twocents: Depending on company of BB lift make sure the track bar and bracket bolts are tight and torc the track bar after you dive about 100 to 300 miles My track bar needed retorc after these miles.

Jackal01

I installed this BB this past weekend. I still have factory shocks and no shock extensions. It appears that I have toe out on both tires. The steering wheel is centered correctly and the alignment is good. No issues with driving at all speeds up to highway speeds. Other than appearing to have toe-out on both nothing else appears to be a problem. The toe out is so slight that I am not even 100% sure there is toe out but it sure does look like it each time I look at it straight on. :thinking:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I installed this BB this past weekend. I still have factory shocks and no shock extensions. It appears that I have toe out on both tires. The steering wheel is centered correctly and the alignment is good. No issues with driving at all speeds up to highway speeds. Other than appearing to have toe-out on both nothing else appears to be a problem. The toe out is so slight that I am not even 100% sure there is toe out but it sure does look like it each time I look at it straight on. :thinking:

When your toe is in spec it will still look toed out so it perfectly normal. Also if you go off road at all you should look into the shok extensions. You will limit your down travel without them

Jackal01

When your toe is in spec it will still look toed out so it perfectly normal. Also if you go off road at all you should look into the shok extensions. You will limit your down travel without them

I was under the impression that toe in was normal? Maybe I read wrong (where ever I read that on here).

My plan is to not really take it offroad or anything with much flex required. I will most likely buy the shock extensions. I thought they came with my kit. Obviously not. I don't want to spend money on longer shocks just to buy my Enforcer next year. Granted I can sell the cheapo shocks but I would rather not.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was under the impression that toe in was normal? Maybe I read wrong (where ever I read that on here).

My plan is to not really take it offroad or anything with much flex. I will most likely buy the shock extensions. I thought they came with my kit. Obviously not. I don't want to spend money on longer shocks just to buy my Enforcer next year. Granted I can sell the cheapo shocks but I would rather not.

You are correct you want toe in but when you look at your jeep it's going to look toed out still. Mine is the same way, it's in spec (or close enough) and still looked toed out to far. I end up checking it at least once a week cause it bugs me lol

Jackal01

You are correct you want toe in but when you look at your jeep it's going to look toed out still. Mine is the same way, it's in spec (or close enough) and still looked toed out to far. I end up checking it at least once a week cause it bugs me lol

Got it. I imagine I will be the same way!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Due to the design of the JK steering system, there will be ZERO change to your toe after installing a lift. As mentioned, your toe may look out but it will not be.

Moab2013

main.php

Thanks to the wide open fender design that the Jeep JK Wrangler has, you can pretty much run a 33" tires bone stock and get up on a set of 35" tires with very little effort. Of course, the easiest and most cost effective way to get the extra clearance you need to run them is to install a 2.5" coil spacer lift. More commonly known as a budget boost, coil spacers are cylindrical blocks that are made of a polymer or sometimes steel and they are designed to sit on top of your factory coils to give you as much lift as they are tall. When installed with a set of shock adapters, you will effectively have a small lift that will not change the quality of your ride and do it all for about $350. This write-up will give you a general idea just how easy it is to install a budget boost on your Jeep JK Wrangler.

thank you, this is very helpful

monacept

This write-up was very helpful. I used it to install my BB over the weekend! IMG_1451.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom